1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. dr.chop

dr.chop Oakley Expert

So I have been toying with a new process to finish the frames of Oakleys...I love to toy with colors, paints, etc, and lately I have been wanting to go exotic....Here is a taste of what's in store...Take a look on my facebook link below to follow what is going on in the Chop Shop...

New Custom Finishes... - 70a09d21-1-1.jpg

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. del518

del518 I have a few pair.....

Is that paint?

3. dr.chop

dr.chop Oakley Expert

That is silver nitrate chrome...It's a process not so much a paint. There are chrome paints, but this is not the same. And it is freakin pricey. The chemicals are about $1000 for 20oz

4. RetinaBurn

RetinaBurn Oakley Enthusiast

That's looks sweet! Nice job, Dr. Chop.

Is that the same process I saw used on an Audi on the West Coast Customs show? If it is, that looks like a lot of work for a pair of Oakleys, turned out great!

5. dr.chop

dr.chop Oakley Expert

I am not sure I haven't seen that episode. I will youtube it though. If so, it is probably the same.

6. dr.chop

dr.chop Oakley Expert

yeah, same process. Only there, it looks a lot easier than it is lol. Very expensive stuff.

7. RetinaBurn

RetinaBurn Oakley Enthusiast

I'm sure it does look easier on TV. Definitely doesn't look cheap, but the end result is awesome. I'm sure you'll be able to drum up some business after they see the finished product. Looks like it kicks FMJ Chrome's butt.

8. dr.chop

dr.chop Oakley Expert

honestly, FMJ is a thing of the past with today's new finishes. Too bad they still play with that stuff. Yeah, it's cool having aluminum fused to the frame and all, but the stuff peels all the time. Now, you can make virtually any finish you want, just think it up and it can happen.

9. Peeza21

Peeza21 African in the United Kingdom

Looks awesome on Facebook! Im sure they looking even better in reality!!

10. dr.chop

dr.chop Oakley Expert

It's pretty wild stuff for sure. Nasty smelling, gave me a headache from hell, but awesome results...