1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. 350nick

350nick Oakley Beginner

New Custom Lenses And A Tune Up - 819EDB5E-2AEA-4248-97A2-0C199C27FE65_zpsmekavrab.jpg

Just got them back from Oakley UK for a tune up and they're almost like new now. Fitted my new custom cut +red lenses which I got from "oakley on the spot" who I'd really recommend.

dragonvoi and discostu like this.
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Carrera1963

Carrera1963 Lover of Juliet Premium Member

Looking good. I always had a liking for +red, once I'd gotten over the initial "not very red" reaction.

Works with the x-metal, wasn't sure it would. Think I'll leave mine in plasma though.

3. 350nick

350nick Oakley Beginner

Thanks! Yeah it's definitely more blue/purple than red but I think it works nicely with the x metal. I was going to put ruby in then decided I maybe prefer +red for a change, especially with a lot of ruby looking closer to fire nowadays.

The nosebridge is really tight now, I was a bit worried it would come back with not much difference.

4. dave m

dave m Oakley Enthusiast

the + looks nice, my wifes' first pair of frogskins has that in them, as you say not really red but at certain points prob more red than ruby!
    were they cut over here?

5. 350nick

350nick Oakley Beginner

Yeah they do have some deep red in them. I really like the colour.

They're from here http://oakleyonthespot.com/replacement-lenses.html

The fit of the lenses was perfect and the cut seems perfect.

6. discostu

discostu Oakley Expert Premium Member

Nice combo there :)

7. discostu

I think if you really want the red effect, go for an early fire lens. I have my spare set in a carbon at present, but am tempted to relocate it into an x metal. Pic below with a first gen ruby.

New Custom Lenses And A Tune Up - 5414A97A-16C3-4568-9C3E-9C79EA80DA91_zps1glveica.jpg

8. 350nick

350nick Oakley Beginner

Wow that looks really red! Good to know thanks. I wasn't really going for red this time just something a bit different but I might look out for some old fire for future project.

discostu likes this.
  9. discostu

No problem! At least it gives you an idea of how good the fire really was :)

10. Carrera1963

Carrera1963 Lover of Juliet Premium Member

Yes, really red for fire. I have some fires from a 4th gen frame that externally you'd struggle to tell from 24k, there's that little red or orange in them.