• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New Display Case... What Should I Fill It With?

Hamming Tools

Oakley Beginner
Missouri
Hey guys, I wanted to share my new Oakley display case and get your input on what styles I should fill it with. I'm a Matco Tools Distributor, and we are the only mobile tool company that is also an Authorized Oakley Dealer.
IMAG0219.jpg

IMAG0218.jpg

My old case would only hold about 4-6 pairs of glasses, where as you can see, my new one will hold 12. I have 4 pair in stock right now, some Shawn White Holbrooks, Matte Black Holbrooks, Matte Black Fuel Cell, and some Woodland Camo Radar Pitch. I have 5 pair on order: Matte Black Splinter, Lead/Grey Smoke Blender, Polished Black Jupiter Squared, Matte Black Eyepatch 2, and some Brown Sugar Ideal for the ladies.

I have room for 3 more. Maybe another one for the ladies? Remember I sell to Mechanics, and they are 99.9% men, but occasionally I'll have a guy buy for his wife/girlfriend, or a lady from the office might want something. Should I go with something like the Flak Jacket or Gascan as they are typically faster movers? Matco stocks a lot of the fast-moving styles in our warehouses and I can get them in about 3 days if I don't have them. If it's a less-common style they come direct from Oakley and typically take 1.5-2 weeks to get. I have been averaging about 15-20 pairs a year with my old case in a less than ideal location on my truck. With this new case I'd like to double that number If you can't tell by the pictures, the case is mounted right by the door, and is really well lit.

What do you guys think? What styles/ color combinations should I stock?

Thanks for any and all feedback!

Just for a visual reference, this is my truck/store:

IMG_2668.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG0219.jpg
    IMAG0219.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 892
  • IMAG0218.jpg
    IMAG0218.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 608
  • IMG_2668.jpg
    IMG_2668.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 374
I would probabaly say get a few m frames with clear lenses. Everybody needs safety glasses, they go well with tools....

you need some of the Matco Fuel Cells . . . and maybe the Hijinx and Gascan too . . . the icons are SICK!

Thanks for the feedback guys, I went with a pair of clear lensed M Frames, Gascans, and a pair of Flak Jacekts. Kinda on the safe side, but that's ok.

Back