• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New Dude From Chicago Checking In

spin_nin

I should Work at Oakley
Chicago, IL.
Hi everybody.

I have had Oakleys since the early 90's. My first pair were Black Frogskins with Violet Iridium lenses.

I was cleaning in the spring and donated 2 pairs of Frogskins and one pair of Eye Jackets to AMVETS. Had no idea they were worth anything. Hopefully someone picked them up and the money went to help out some vets.

While out on the town, a month ago, I lost my Minutes (Black / Black).

I was pretty bummed.

So I started looking at SGH and my local O Store to see what was new.

Very surprised to see that Frogskins are popular again (I don't think they fit my face that great, but they were "in" back then).

The first pair I tried were the Bottlecaps, followed by the Half Jacket 2.0 XL. They looked decent, but I didn't have much time to shop that day.

I ordered a pair of Bottlecaps & a pair of 2.0 XL's. For some reason, neither looked that good on me at home.

I was off to the O store at Woodfield to try on some other stuff, and I really liked the Bottle Rocket in Metallic Black w/ the Polarized VR28 lens. Really sharp, and I love how the world looks through those lenses!

Then I started to itch for some different colors and styles. The brown / bronze combo didn't look right on me, and neither did the white / red combo. I didn't want black / black, because the Met. Blk. VR28's "filled" that slot.

I took my time at SGH a little while later, after seeing BAPD77's collection videos on youtube.

The Batwolf looked cool and I was interested in the customization, but I wasn't sure how they would look on me.

Thankfully, they fit my face very nicely, and I appear to be amassing a small collection. Haha!

I still have my Twenty XX's with their FMJ frames, Fire Iridium lenses, and Orange Unobtanium ear socks and nose guards. They may have to move on to make way for new stuff as I haven't worn them in some time.

Glad to have found this place and see that there are others like me out there.

Some very impressive collections and cool people on these boards!

Cheers!

Latest Posts

Back