• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New Early 2013 Arrivals | Shade Station

Shade Station

Oakley Retailer
Leeds, UK
We now have confirmation of all of the new releases coming into us from Oakley in early 2013. They are;

LBD - Oakley LBD Sunglasses | Oakley LBD Shades - Shade Station

Obsessed - Oakley Obsessed Sunglasses | Oakley Obsessed Shades - Shade Station

Offshoot (Big Taco Shield) - Oakley Offshoot Sunglasses | Oakley Offshoot Shades - Shade Station

Given - Oakley Given Sunglasses | Oakley Given Shades - Shade Station

News Flash - Oakley News Flash Sunglasses | Oakley News Flash Shades - Shade Station

Plaintiff Squared - Oakley Plaintiff Squared Sunglasses | Oakley Plaintiff Squared Shades - Shade Station

We have information on all of these and images for the vast majority. Thoughts on more Women's Sunglasses from Oakley?

Seems like they just keep throwing a pile of women's frames against the wall and hope a few things stick. Women's is a tough market to begin with as it changes very quickly and to compound that Oakley is very much seen as a men's brand.

I think you're spot on Oakster.

I'm very disappointed that Oakley seem to be constantly trying to create new models while at the same time badly neglecting their current and iconic frames. Bringing out new frames every couple of months cheapens everything that comes before and people then start to generally stop buying because they are waiting to see what the next thing will be.

There are polls currently running to find the best Oakley release of 2012. Their are over 100 options to choose from in the polls, and that doesn't include any womens frames or all of the frame colour options available from Oakley. Over a year it probably averages out that there are 3 new frame/colour combinations released a week from Oakley. That just shows the saturation in the market that Oakley have caused, and I don't consider that to be good business sense.

The women's frames aren't easy at all. I noticed that at the women's frames it only works if you can sell them at ridiculously low prices, they simply don't bite. And are more interested in the fashion brands like armani or tom ford etc.
Also they are more picky when it comes to frames, most of the times they don't purely care if they like the frame. I have often had questions if the model was of that specific year, otherwise they didn't want it.
They also more often want to try them on.

Everything said here is correct. Unfortunately though, Oakley is determined to crack the women's
market, and will keep trying too hard to do so.

I can honestly say I hate all of the Women's shades. They are boring and look just like all of the "new" Women's models that have come out in the past year or two. I keep hoping for something to be excited about in the Women's category, but that hasn't happened since the Remedy. And as for the Plaintiff Squared, I think it just looks like a Deviation with a Plaintiff arm. I'm really only interested in trying the Big Taco Shield on, they could have potential but will depend on how they fit.

My wife dosn't like any Womens Oakley frames so she chooses to wear mine & has Five 3.0, squared as well as Hijinx frames of her own too. Oh wait she does have the Disobey frame but that's when they did nice ladies frames

a matte black with red details and +red lenses Plaintiff Squared would be mine in a minute ;)

Yeah it's gonna be tough to crack the ladies market that's for sure. Out of all the oaks I got for the Mrs, only one stuck, the koopman fringe. And that's only coz koopman's artwork is fantastic. Ha!

Back