• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New Elite Bundle?

There are 51 sets, they were supposed to come out as the Ichiro Combo set due to this being the last year of his endorsement deal but the two sides could not agree on a price point. Needless to say the deal was dropped and now there is no affiliation with Ichiro to the set other than there were 51 made and knowing the back story. The asking price is $3500, but I dont see why really as there is nothing super special about the set other than the face on the TB-II being different than the regular issued face. Not happy about this as I was prepared to buy the Ichiro set but will be passing on a $2500 TB-II paired with a $1000 Juliet... Pfft...

good call FGG. sounds like a last minute money-grab to me..

Thanks for the info FGG! I doubt i would've gotten the Ichiro back story if i asked someone at HQ. Even still, having a limited run of 51 sets, that's still something. I agree the price point is WAY off.

yet another addition to the already long line of uninteresting limited editions. i will pass on this easily.

Damn! Just called my local O store and they confirmed that they'll be getting a few of these bundles. Funny though, she was hesitant to provide a price point when I asked, maybe she just didn't know. But for $3500, there's no way in hell I'm getting one...wifey would KILL me! I could buy two MM's and a Juliet for that cost! I will definitely go down to see this in person though, and drool all over the display case, LOL.

If anyone's interested in getting #47 of 50 right now, the Oakley Store at Florida Mall has it in stock, they just emailed me this morning and I just found time to research it a bit. You can email Nicole at OStore010Manager@oakley.com for details, but at $3500 and not being a fan of Oakley watches at all, I'm good!

Back