• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New Fast Jacket Purchase

Scubad

Oakley Beginner
Utah
I admit it. I am a sunglass addict. I am also a watch addict.

Well, I bought a pair of M Frames about 13 years ago, right after I got LASIK. I have worn those forever and used them for cycling for years.

I then bought a pair of Radars. Love them as well.

Back in June bought a pair of jawbones with Black Iridium lens and a spare set of clears. Used them for a bike relay race and enjoyed them but I prefer the Radars. However, I enjoy the ease of lens changes. Also picked up some Ice Iridium Polarized that are good.

Then this week happened. Tried the Fast Jackets and fell in love or lust. Picked up a pair of Silver with Black Iridium Polarized. The store also had a bright yellow lens with it but didn't care for the second lens at all. Thought it was persimmon. But the saleswoman at sunglass hut swapped it for something a little darker and a tad pink. Loved that for today's overcast. Went back to the store to see if they had a photochromic lens. No joy on that. They suggested I call Oakley since you can't order it via their website. Ordered a clear black photochromic and they talked me into a OO positive Red Iridium lens.

Can't wait for them to get delivered. Might have to sell the Jawbones or get a raise.

Don't tell my wife, still need to break the news to her.

Thanks for the forum and all the posts that I have read.

Dennis

I believe you are right on the G30 lens. On a dive home tonight the clouds and rain moved in. Had my wife swap my lenses to the G30. Took all about 45-60 seconds for her to do. I am going to love these glasses.

What does everyone do to store more than 2 sets of lenses?

Dennis

I believe you are right on the G30 lens. On a dive home tonight the clouds and rain moved in. Had my wife swap my lenses to the G30. Took all about 45-60 seconds for her to do. I am going to love these glasses.

What does everyone do to store more than 2 sets of lenses?

Dennis

yeah G30 is beautiful. idunno how it is for fast jackets but the case for flak and half jackets have enough slots for 2 pairs of spare lenses, plus 1 pair in the frames themselves. i find that 2 pairs of lenses can cover most of your needs, and 3 will DEFINITELY do it. currently i keep one light an one dark lens in most of my active cases. my half jacket set ive made my "dream set"- SI matte black frame, g30 for low light, fire for bright light, and a black persimmon transition lens for those "on-off" days. im only using fire because it came with another pair- its a decent lens but i'd prefer something more neutral based (jade or ice maybe).

Back