• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
I asked my o store 3 weeks ago to do this exact thing... They won't switch them out. I wanted electric blue as well. I called customer service to buy the icons and they won't sell them to me.

How did you get them to switch them out?

I just let them know that I wanted to swap them out because Navy Blue was the only color that they had when I bought them and they didn't look all that great. I asked if I could purchase a set of icons and they were very helpful. I did purchase another pair of sunglasses at the same time but I really don't think one thing had anything to do with the other.

You can always purchase another pair with the new icons that you want and ask the store to swap them for you, or just do it yourself.

Check out the threads in the DIY section.

It's kind of like my Oakley gearbox watch I really want an extra band for it but they won't sell it to me.

I have the blue sapphire lenses with the Matte black electric blue Earsocks and the silver icon just so I can switch out the lenses because I think my next pair of lenses are going to be chrome iridium polarized already have the gray Earsocks

image.jpg

I just let them know that I wanted to swap them out because Navy Blue was the only color that they had when I bought them and they didn't look all that great. I asked if I could purchase a set of icons and they were very helpful. I did purchase another pair of sunglasses at the same time but I really don't think one thing had anything to do with the other.

You can always purchase another pair with the new icons that you want and ask the store to swap them for you, or just do it yourself.

Maybe they did because yours is OCP. My 2nd Flak is originally the polished black / golf prizm turned into Blue. Maybe I'll have to go in and buy a 3rd Flak, and make it OCP. Then I'll sell the 2nd one after putting it back to original. I only wanted 2 Flaks, one for red lenses, and one for blue lenses.

Wifey found the blue flak... Hasn't found the red one yet... Lol

I asked this in the DIY section about swapping out the icons. the O store employee who custom made mine brought out all the icons for the flak 2.0. she had all the colors in separate bags with bar codes. I asked her if I can purchase them separately, she checked and scanned them and came back to nothing. she wasn't quite 100% sure but once the scan came back to nothing she said no. once their on, their on.

I don't want to buy separate frames with different color icons just to swap out icons. I've seen some on ebay but don't know which ones fit 100%. a user said it would be the racing jackets icon that would fit although those have no double sided tape and they have 2 notches that clip into the racing jacket frame. hoping for more insight here.

Possibly. He swaps and paints a lot of icons and frames.

I had the same experience, in that they brought out every color available for the frame styles at which I was looking (Radarlock & Flak 2.0, respectively).

They did change the icons on my OCP Flak 2.0 with the Polished Blk frame, and Sapphire Ird Polarized lenses which I ordered online directly from Oakley. Also, they did charge me for the icons, and I had no problem with that. The color combinations were very limited when I ordered my OCP Flak 2.0 and the only "blue" icon offered was Navy Blue. Unfortunately, the Navy Blue disappears in to the Polished Blk frame. As time goes on, they are offering more color options for icons and more choices for custom frame colors / finishes.

When buying from Oakley, you are restricted to what they offer / have available. Doc Chop can paint them any color, and any combination of colors, that you like. The only limit there is your imagination :)

Last edited:
Just got my electric blue ear socks to go with the Sapphire Iridium polarized lenses. I also got the Ruby Iridium polarized lenses and redline ear socks to match. I think they both flow well. I thought the Ruby lens would be lighter but seem a bit darker than my Sapphire.

image-jpg.165115.jpg

image-jpg.165116.jpg