• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New Frogskin - How Did These Fit?

Rustpot

M Frame Lover
Clarkston/Romeo MI
I'm specifically asking about the "New" Frogskin, the one that looked like a set of Jackets.

Anyone here own a set? How did they fit compared to other models? Bigger or smaller than Fives? They look like the orbital is pretty large. Any issues like prone to cracking or anything?

I'm trying to find a classic set of Jacket style glasses without rubber that fit me, and I can't find any of the old Ten that aren't super crazy priced.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
i have two pairs, white - blue, and texas tea - gold (my first pair of oakleys). as you suggest the orbital is quite large, bigger than fives, snug fit with good coverage, frame curved unlike the earlier frogskin design. i have not had any manufacture issues myself, and think it is a great glass in many respects.

So they're like a taller Straight Jacket?

I'm trying to get an idea since a pair came up that I'd love to get (if the damn price doesn't go through the roof!) but I have no idea if they'll fit and I don't want to take a loss reselling or own a pair that doesn't fit. I can wear pairs like the Twenty, Straight Jacket, even the Fives, but they're short frames and the lower portion of the orbital blocks a large portion of my field of vision. I wear big frames like Tens, Batwolf, Radar Range, M Frame Heater, but like I said I'd love a classic 90's style to add to the collection of frames I can wear out that aren't M Frames/Radars, cuz right now all I have is the new Tens that I wear with any consistency.

So they're like a taller Straight Jacket?

I'm trying to get an idea since a pair came up that I'd love to get (if the damn price doesn't go through the roof!) but I have no idea if they'll fit and I don't want to take a loss reselling or own a pair that doesn't fit. I can wear pairs like the Twenty, Straight Jacket, even the Fives, but they're short frames and the lower portion of the orbital blocks a large portion of my field of vision. I wear big frames like Tens, Batwolf, Radar Range, M Frame Heater, but like I said I'd love a classic 90's style to add to the collection of frames I can wear out that aren't M Frames/Radars, cuz right now all I have is the new Tens that I wear with any consistency.

the New Frogskins are a larger model appropriate for medium/bigger faces and would be akin to the size of original straight jacket, ten, and topcoat. i dont think you will encounter the problems described regarding the lower orbital as you had with the fives etc, the height of the frog lens is much greater than the smaller glasses. your desires suggest this frogskin type would be a welcome addition to your collection and you should enjoy them. from the pics i have seen of you in shades i can imagine these will suit you well. consider the age of these and in that respect be happy they are in excellent condition

Latest Posts

Back