• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New Frogskin - How Did These Fit?

I loved my original Fives (FMJ 9mm w/Black Iridium), which I had to get that fateful day in 1997 when I found out Frogs were no longer being made. They got broken by a flying 2 liter Sunkist bottle at Spring Break '01. Was lucky enough to find a pair on eBay a few months back, for nostalgia's sake.

Did they stop making these? Dont think theyll start these up again. Especially since Frogskins are part of the Lifestyle set and these look like they belong in the Active section.

Did they stop making these? Dont think theyll start these up again. Especially since Frogskins are part of the Lifestyle set and these look like they belong in the Active section.

They made them from '96 to '04 according to O-Review. Doubt they'd bring back a classic style like this, they only make new frames with holes in the stems or blocky features nowadays.

Did you receive these yet? Looking forward to pics!

Got them yesterday. I love them so far. Any other pics you want of them let me know! Another pair with grey smoke frames just went on eBay for $65.

I've got a XX-Twenty (early 00's gen), Batwolf, Half Jacket 1, M, M2.0, and Radar I can compare with if needed.

These do have a bit of a "froggy" look to them still, definitely not like a Number (Four, Five, Ten, Twenty) or any Jacket I've worn.
IMG_0863.jpg

http://www.oakleyforum.com/recent-frogskin-purchases/7772-my-first-frogs.html
Got these on ebay. The shipper used a small flat rate mailer and CRUSHED the original box, but the pair looks like they're untouched and straight out of the 90's. This is my first pair of frogs (even if they aren't "real" frogs), and the only frame I own that isn't black.

2012-04-25192112.jpg

Haven't decided if the box is that important to ask for a partial refund on them. I'm not super concerned, but they could have easily damaged the shades!
2012-04-25192449.jpg
http://www.oakleyforum.com/oakley-s...s-no-do-i-suit-these-thread-36.html#post99930
Trying to branch out, getting away from matte black frames and trying out matte clear. What say you?

IMG_0860.jpg

DUDE those are sweet! Are there anymore on eBay? If so please PM me a link.

I think I might grab a set for kicks, looks like they have great coverage. Do they fit comfortably?

These are the last two that ended. I found my auction from a generic "Oakley vintage" search while I was bored. Just 1 other bid on the set I won! I haven't seen any others.

320892378160 (smoke frame)

160784250313 (matte clear frame)

Funny enough I had messaged the seller asking if he'd sell early for $60, he told me they were worth so much more and he had a ton of people watching the auction, hah!

Honestly I haven't seen more than 4 people on here that have said they were looking for these. Seems like there is no demand for them.

Would you say these are like the original Frogskin but with wrap? If you have a Frogskin could you take side by side pics? I'm curious how the lens size compares between the two.

I don't have a normal Frog. If I go toward the mall that has a Vault this weekend I'll take these and ask the staff if I can snap a couple pics.

Some other members might be able to help you out more easily though.

Latest Posts

Back