• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New Frogskin - How Did These Fit?

Aside from the New Frogskin being made with what I think was the brittle Virgin Serilium where the hinges (frame & stems) were prone to cracking, I loved the New Frogskin. It fit my wide head without being way too tight like the original polarized Straight Jacket, that also had hinges (frame & stems) cracking. The lenses were nice and big.

When indoors or at night, I'd wear them on top of my head, and that probably contributed to a bit of hyperextension of the hinges and since the frame material wasn't as rubbery/plasticky, instead of bending and returning to original form, it'd crack.

I wish Oakley stores would have those new 3D printers that can scan and print plastic parts using polycarbonate so I could have the New Frogskin and original Straight Jacket frames replaced with polycarbonate instead of the original brittle plastic frames.

The Good: Nice style, comfortable fit, big lenses.

The Bad: Brittle plastic frame hinges broke, I didn't get this polarized, misplaced it.

I tried a pair, I didn't like the fit compared to my normal frogs. It might just be preference or that I am use to the frogs now though. my .02

I've seen a couple come and go on eBay, anybody snag some of these up?

Sporting my matte clear around and I feel like they're probably my favorite pair of non-sport glasses, with my current-gen Ten following closely behind. I can't get over the feeling the frame is going to have a pretty short lifespan though, being from the mid-90's era with pairs like the original Eye Jacket.

I think I'm going to try and snag a couple more as they pop up.

There's a great condition matte black with gold polarized (03-105) on eBay right now creeping up to $100 that I really want, but I don't think I can pull the trigger spending that kind of dough right now.

Someone should ask Oakley to bring them back and make the frames out of the modern day o-matter instead. The New Frogskin is one of the finest Oakley designs in my opinion. If I could find my broken pair and have the frames replaced with o-matter frames, I'd be very happy.

has any one else seen a set of these for sale? i got a set for my mom one x-mas, and she loved them. but like already stated they didnt last more then a year or 2 before the frame broke.

has any one else seen a set of these for sale? i got a set for my mom one x-mas, and she loved them. but like already stated they didnt last more then a year or 2 before the frame broke.

Scour ebay. I've seen 6 or 7 since I started this thread, two in used condition and 4 LNIB.

What colors are you guys after? I scored a Tortoise set for a pretty decent price that I was going to mothball, but if that's the color you need we might be able to work something out. Texas Tea, Rootbeer, and Crystal Black pairs have all been up in the last month.

Back