• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New Gascan Creaky Hinge

i hope, i can afford these models. but anyway, if not i will sell one of my cats :laugh:

Herb you cracks me up!

My pit bulls have a squeaky right hinge but I know they weren't display models because the store called me when they came in and i was at the store in about 10 mins.

In all seriousness, I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to this sort of thing, so I would probably ask for a replacement pair if I bought a pair of Os in-store and they creaked. If I'm paying for what is essentially a premium product, then it has to be right.

Alternatively, ask for a discount of course, if that is preferable to you.

I'm telling you guys, spray lens cleaner or put a few drops of water into the hinge and watch the creak disappear.

I'm telling you guys, spray lens cleaner or put a few drops of water into the hinge and watch the creak disappear.

Thankyou for the help, batwolf. My $260 aus Gascans are catching on the right frame and your solution seems to have worked for it.
I was really worried as it was really really bad but I figure that it will eventually wear in. Residue flakes come out of them when I was flexing them, where the little part inside is catching with the frame. I figure it will eventually wear itself in to the stage it won't catch anymore.....

Here's a video showing how to get rid of the creakiness.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back