• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New guy from KY

drew23

Oakley Beginner
New guy from Kentucky. I have one pair of sunglasses to my name and they are Oakley Fives 2.0. Matte black frames worth RX lenses.

Found this place while looking for another set like mine. One of the holes that the leg hinges in is broken. Leg is starting to come off more regularly.

Looking for recommendations for frames that I can have RX lenses put in. Any thoughts? Found some Minutes on CL, see gascans all the time. What would be close top the same curves etc as my Fives 2.0?

Thanks,
Justin

Justin, welcome to the community!

I'm going to defer to an expert here to hopefully help with your question. He is an optometrist, a custom Oakley lens cutter, he holds a PhD in clinical psychology from LSU and he is taking an online course now in acupuncture.

@Chris A Hardaway

;)

Awesome thanks, can't wait to see what he thinks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Justin, welcome to the community!

I'm going to defer to an expert here to hopefully help with your question. He is an optometrist, a custom Oakley lens cutter, he holds a PhD in clinical psychology from LSU and he is taking an online course now in acupuncture.

@Chris A Hardaway

;)
Don't forget he's also worked with Dr. House and has also been a Top Fuel Dragster Champion in the NHRA.

The magician is (IN) !
*Sign flickers momentarily.

I would not recommend getting an older style like the Minute, or the like as Oakley isn't doing RX for many old frames any longer. All of us Optician's have to purchase and full RXs through Luxottica (other of Oakley eyewear). Faxed orders are no longer accepted, so this means if the frame isn't on Oakley's "drop-down menu" it can't be filled at all!

I'd recommend updating to the Oakley Fives 3.0 aka Fives Squared. You'd love that guy. Everything else sounds bigger than your liking. PM me your RX when you get a chance :)

The magician is (IN) !
*Sign flickers momentarily.

I would not recommend getting an older style like the Minute, or the like as Oakley isn't doing RX for many old frames any longer. All of us Optician's have to purchase and full RXs through Luxottica (other of Oakley eyewear). Faxed orders are no longer accepted, so this means if the frame isn't on Oakley's "drop-down menu" it can't be filled at all!

I'd recommend updating to the Oakley Fives 3.0 aka Fives Squared. You'd love that guy. Everything else sounds bigger than your liking. PM me your RX when you get a chance :)
He joined today and has 2 posts.

Back