• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New Guy From St. Louis, Missouri

tweinstock

Oakley Beginner
Hello all -

Got my first pair of Oakley's yesterday: Flak Jacket XLJ Black on Black G30 lens.

I purchased these because of all the golf I play - my thinking is that they might actually help my game, which is currently not that great, through being able to read greens and have a better ability to track ball flight. I also recognize the need to protect my eyes from harmful UV rays.

I'm on this forum mainly to see what forum members think about the various available O frames and lenses, as I'd like to get my wife a pair for the marathons she runs, and also potentially get some additional O glasses for me for non-golf reasons (driving, going to outdoor sporting events, etc.).

Thanks for letting me review your posts/suggestions!

Welcome to the forum :)
I currently only have two pairs of Oakleys. one of which is a Flak Jacket XLJ! Excellent pair for sports!

You're sure to find great deals and possibly some rare frames on the forum!
Everyone is friendly & if you have questions / problems, people won't hesitate to help you out!

another member for the forum of the O addicted people . . .
welcome

welcome to the forum T, I am sure your collection will grow and grow!
This place is addictive! haha
Full of very helpful and knowledgeable people :biggrin:

I can already tell that this is a fun and informative forum, based upon the nice greetings received!

I do have a question to ask regarding this forum before I potentially post any new topics, as I don't want to be "the newbie that doesn't know how things work around here" type.

Right now, here are my topics of interest:
1) I'd like to get input on which O frames and lenses to buy for women that are marathon runners
2) To get ideas and experienced feedback on which O frames/lenses for men purely for driving and casual wear.

I'm guessing there is already many inquiries posted like this, so I'm just trying to figure out the place to find these, and to post these topics if they don't already exist. I didn't have much luck trying the search function.

Thanks again all for your warm greetings, and I look forward to socialing with you over the O Forum!

well for driving I really like the VR28 black iridium lens the clarity is amazing and as for marathon running you'll probably want something light and vented maybe radars. but with the sweat and heat your body creates I would want a vented lens.

Latest Posts

Back