1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Twiggz

Twiggz Oakley Beginner

Hi guys, I've been an xmetal addict since I got lasik six years ago. I have a couple of questions, that hopefully you guys can help with.

One of my favorites are a polished half X that my wife got me. Unfortunatly the rootbeer ear socks and nose bombs are getting sticky. I cannot find a replacment set anywhere. Do you guys have any after market suggestions? Or anysuggestions to make them last longer?
    New here with a question - 772738176_img_8538.jpg

Second, I'm thinking (just thinking) of putting my Mars collection up for sale. What do you guys think they will be worth? All three have after market lenses. I do have a set or two of the original black iridium lenses, but they have micro scratches on them. All of the frames are in great shape. The leather ones were beatup, and colored black since I could not get replacement leather.

New here with a question - 38707E8F-D65E-47D5-898D-CAFAFBE4BFAC_zps8dbhecf5.jpg

Thanks for any info you can give!

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

Re: half-X rubbers - no, haven't seen any aftermarket replacements and OEM are very rare. Unless stripped from a pair with broken hinges; lots of those out there... ;)

Re: Mars - my work network's blocking the linked pic; are they glasses-only or do you have matching boxes / coins?

3. GRFMotorsports

GRFMotorsports is an Oakley whore Premium Member

On your earsocks try the hot water soak if they havent got to bad yet. Soak them in hot water, almost boiling. After a couple minutes remove and roll them in a paper towel, repeat a few times. It will help get some of the gunk out.

motoGP_fanatic and Twiggz like this.
  4. Twiggz

Twiggz Oakley Beginner

I have one box and one coin with an X metal triple stand. Also have some extra nose bombs and lens clips.

5. Twiggz

Twiggz Oakley Beginner

Awesome, Ill try the hot water method.

6. GRFMotorsports

GRFMotorsports is an Oakley whore Premium Member

I should mention to remove them from the frame before soaking them.

7. kronin323

I'd have to see the pic to verify (try uploading it directly instead of linking it from an image host) but just from the description, with aftermarket lenses and no box, around $300 per, maybe up to $350. A trashed, colored black leather wouldn't add much value but some might value a frame with a leather serial a little more, maybe around $350.

The box and coin will add $50 - $100 in value, if the serial matches one of the frames.

8. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

Wow......

Welcome to the forum

@kronin323 The photo of the Mars.....you don't want to see the leather one.

kronin323 likes this.
  9. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

Thats a good idea. ;)

motoGP_fanatic and Duke Nivram like this.
  10. kronin323

From your face, too... :D