• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New here with a question

Twiggz

Oakley Beginner
Nor cal
Hi guys, I've been an xmetal addict since I got lasik six years ago. I have a couple of questions, that hopefully you guys can help with.

One of my favorites are a polished half X that my wife got me. Unfortunatly the rootbeer ear socks and nose bombs are getting sticky. I cannot find a replacment set anywhere. Do you guys have any after market suggestions? Or anysuggestions to make them last longer?
772738176_img_8538.jpg

Second, I'm thinking (just thinking) of putting my Mars collection up for sale. What do you guys think they will be worth? All three have after market lenses. I do have a set or two of the original black iridium lenses, but they have micro scratches on them. All of the frames are in great shape. The leather ones were beatup, and colored black since I could not get replacement leather.

38707E8F-D65E-47D5-898D-CAFAFBE4BFAC_zps8dbhecf5.jpg

Thanks for any info you can give!

Re: half-X rubbers - no, haven't seen any aftermarket replacements and OEM are very rare. Unless stripped from a pair with broken hinges; lots of those out there... ;)

Re: Mars - my work network's blocking the linked pic; are they glasses-only or do you have matching boxes / coins?

On your earsocks try the hot water soak if they havent got to bad yet. Soak them in hot water, almost boiling. After a couple minutes remove and roll them in a paper towel, repeat a few times. It will help get some of the gunk out.

I'd have to see the pic to verify (try uploading it directly instead of linking it from an image host) but just from the description, with aftermarket lenses and no box, around $300 per, maybe up to $350. A trashed, colored black leather wouldn't add much value but some might value a frame with a leather serial a little more, maybe around $350.

The box and coin will add $50 - $100 in value, if the serial matches one of the frames.

Latest Posts

Back