1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Aarron

Aarron Oakley Beginner

I searched for this topic and found nothing for any ball busters out there. I purchased a brand new hollow point white face from a reputable authorized Oakley dealer online. I got a very good deal on it let's just say less the 1,200 NIB. When it arrived I unboxed it took the plastics off and noticed it wasn't working/keeping time. So I read threw all the instructions and I recieved the watch with the crown pushed all the way in and screwed in and locked down which means it was in normal mode so I played with it set the time correctly and pushed it back in and locked it back down and still it wouldn't work. I have contacted oakley warrenty and have my label to send it in but anyone have any suggestions before I send it in? The manual says the battery should last for 48 months and the watch only came out a little more then 2 years ago. How could it possibly be dead?

NEW HOLLOW POINT DOA! any suggestions - 20160110_002030.jpg

Last edited: 1/26/16
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Duke Nivram

Duke Nivram (Something Clever)

if the chronograph functions were running the entire time that could have shortened the life of the battery. Or possibly it was a bad battery

rex360hype and Aarron like this.
  3. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

I concur with @Duke Nivram but that watch is also older than 48 months old.

Have the battery swapped

4. Duke Nivram

Duke Nivram (Something Clever)

According to O-Review it was released 9-2011

5. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

True. But when was it actually MADE? ;)

(and for some reason I was thinking of 48 months as only 2 years honestly.) :rofl:

oakleybadman and Duke Nivram like this.
  6. Oakley-olic

Oakley-olic Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

This one has the plastic box so I am guessing its only a few years old at the most. As mentioned above still could be a battery, chronometer will drain it. Nice watch though.

Aarron likes this.
  7. Aarron

Aarron Oakley Beginner

Alright well hopefully oakley will fix it free of charge beings I just bought it in December. I was mainly just concerned that the actual movement may have had a problem or that I was just missing soemthing this is my first higher end watch and I've never really been a big watch guy.

8. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

I'll give you $550 for it...

9. Aarron

Aarron Oakley Beginner

@kronin323 :spiteful:This guy lol, I was wondering how long it was going to take for you to chime in here. Kronin you of all people know it's against the rules to try to make deals outside of the exchange threads #ballbuster

10. rex360hype

rex360hype Oakley Expert

I'm guessing you also tried activating the chronograph right? If it doesn't move then it has to be the battery. Might be a brand new (old stock). As long as the seller is an authorized one then oakley will pay for the battery including labor.

supersharp, Duke Nivram and Aarron like this.