• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New Lenses.....

rmontez

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Wisconsin
I found a pair of Juliets on CL and when I went to make a trade they ended up having walleva lenses in them. I've tried a couple lenses besides Oakley and nothing seems the same. So OakleyGuru379 was kind enough to offer me some original lenses for my new found Juliets. Thanks Guru!!

IMG_0320_zps1fc8ea15.jpg

Those look sick man! Much better in your J's than sitting unused in the box in my desk drawer! Glad i could help a fellow Oakley-lover out!

I found a pair of Juliets on CL and when I went to make a trade they ended up having walleva lenses in them. I've tried a couple lenses besides Oakley and nothing seems the same. So OakleyGuru379 was kind enough to offer me some original lenses for my new found Juliets. Thanks Guru!!

Hi rmontez,
I was somewhat in a similar circumstance, my current black lense was worn and scratched.
Just ordered a pair or walleva, with replacement rubber socks.
from your description, it sounds like a bad decision..:confused:

Hi rmontez,
I was somewhat in a similar circumstance, my current black lense was worn and scratched.
Just ordered a pair or walleva, with replacement rubber socks.
from your description, it sounds like a bad decision..:confused:

Not neccessarily a bad decision, but for a lot of us (myself included) the only lenses that work for us are OEM Oakley lenses. Some people have reported that with aftermarket lenses (walleva, exovista, etc) that the clarity isn't as great and they don't hold up compared to OEM lenses.

I can't say you made a bad decision but for me it's original lenses or nothing. I would have given you the walleva's that came in my glasses.

Not neccessarily a bad decision, but for a lot of us (myself included) the only lenses that work for us are OEM Oakley lenses. Some people have reported that with aftermarket lenses (walleva, exovista, etc) that the clarity isn't as great and they don't hold up compared to OEM lenses.
Those walleva earsocks are REALLY crap. Loose.
I can't say you made a bad decision but for me it's original lenses or nothing. I would have given you the walleva's that came in my glasses.

Thanks for your sharing your reviews guys.
(and thanks for your kind offer rmotez)
Can't dispute the quality of iridium lens that Oakley provides.. same reason why i am sticking to my 12 year old M-frames..
thought of chancing the 3rd party lens for my old Juliets.. can't seem to find replacement lens like the 24k in the market... prehaps linegear maybe the better alternative for
the matching yellow replacement socks..

sorry for taking the airtime here rmotez.

Back