• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New Member Here With Question About Glasses

chevysales

Oakley Beginner
hi all,

was here two weeks back when I bought a pair of clear Holbrooks with Chrome Irdium lens to find out how to clean them (that is a great thread). never was a sunglass wearer but being at beach most of summer this year and having eyes water at night changed that.

anyhow checked out the cleaning thread and learned how to clean them with the Oakley cleaner or just bag. I bought those from an Oakley authorized store registered them and the guy on phone sent me a free cleaning kit and an extra bag.

well got the bug cause last nite went to mall in Ct where I live where there is Oakley store and bought radarlock path black frame with silver accent. now when I looked on line I was going custom but decided against it. online they show my kit as coming with black irdium and vr28 lens.
in store the manager said I can get any lens I wanted which I went for black irdium and the vr28 black irdium. wanted ice but they only had them with the vents and I have no need for vents.

Is this normal at Oakley store he went in drawer and got black Oakley box which had the soft vault in with new frames in it and the nose piece on it with extra nose piece in little tiny zip lock bag. then picked new packed lens off rack and put them on. he didn't charge me any more for the second pair being Irdium which I realize is a $10 or $20 savings. but do they normally build them at Oakley store (not outlets) as I would have thought they had the same packages all made up like online?

thanx

At the O store that is common. You would not be able to do it online or at any other place like sunglass hut. Online you would have paid extra for the second lens beinf iridium as they usually come with clear, persimmon, grey as the second.

Yep O stores do it a lot. Behind the counter is draws full of frames, lenses, ear socks, icons, etc. Most managers/sales associates would rather make the sale and have a happy customer but some do charge a $20 dollar fee for "Custom" shades in store. Meaning you could have been charged that fee plus the 20 dollars for the second iridium lenses. So, you saved 40 bucks congrats!

Back