• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New Member Ideas...

greg

Oakley Expert
Philadelphia
Hey guys... So here is the deal, WE need to continue to grow our forum and reach out to others outside of our oakley forum... I suggest that we have a puma or nike sneaker exchange section. That might sound crazy at first why would an oakley forum have such an exchange. Well If we provide a place for people to buy and sell their sneakers they may want to take the proceeds and buy a pair of x-metals. More people will join our forum and thus more people to trade buy and sell too. Their will be an influx of supply from everyone selling... I think its an all around great idea given how many people collect sneakers.

We may want to give it a try...

Greg

The Misc. exchange section is awesome. You can sell or trade anything in there. I traded a Glock 26 with a defaced serial# I had no use for, for a pair of R1's. Great deal for both parties

Are we assuming there is a large crossover of sneaker fans (Puma and Nike specfically) and Oakley fans?

Why would they come here when there are likely sneaker forums in which discussion of releases, exchange of information, and exchange of pairs already occurs?

The exchange areas are a bonus. I, for one, am not a fan of people that come here for the sole purpose of using the exchanges. With the post/activity minimums in place why would anyone with no interest in Oakleys find this place, engage in Oakley discussion for 10-15 posts over two weeks, only to have a spot solely to exchange a completely unrelated collectible?

It makes no sense to me.

Are we assuming there is a large crossover of sneaker fans (Puma and Nike specfically) and Oakley fans?

Why would they come here when there are likely sneaker forums in which discussion of releases, exchange of information, and exchange of pairs already occurs?

The exchange areas are a bonus. I, for one, am not a fan of people that come here for the sole purpose of using the exchanges. With the post/activity minimums in place why would anyone with no interest in Oakleys find this place, engage in Oakley discussion for 10-15 posts over two weeks, only to have a spot solely to exchange a completely unrelated collectible?

It makes no sense to me.

Listen, I myself have no interests in sneakers as well... Is their crossover IDK. This is just a suggestion. why would they come to oakley forum to sell sneakers... well because our forum kicks a$$. All I am really saying is we should think about growing the forum to reach out to other people. once we get new members they will search far and wide, build a collection and thus be able to trade buy and sell with us.

Another suggestion that I thought of, and I actually cringe at this idea cause I hate apple, but have an apple exchange section as well. where people can get cheap ipad ipods etc...

This makes no sense to me at all.

Your idea is to get people interested in the brand from scratch by inviting people to come to hock unrelated stuff. People who have no investment in the community and won't hesitate to capitalize on good deals to resell, rip community members off, pull classic bait and switch, cash grab schemes, etc.

Let them stay on eBay.

This makes no sense to me at all.

Your idea is to get people interested in the brand from scratch by inviting people to come to hock unrelated stuff. People who have no investment in the community and won't hesitate to capitalize on good deals to resell, rip community members off, pull classic bait and switch, cash grab schemes, etc.

Let them stay on eBay.

Wow.... I see you have lost all faith in humanity. The point the should make sense to you is trying to grow the forum so we can have new members to buy sell and trade. That is the only point that I am making... That we should try to reach out to other area's of products that people collect.

I think of we expect people to post in the misc exchange section, the ability to upload pics should be fixed. Before the new mobile site went live I never had issues. It's not convenient for me to link pics to another site on the go.

Wow.... I see you have lost all faith in humanity.
I'm missing a few thousand dollars that confirms it.

I guess where we diverge is on your last point. In my mind the buy/sell/trade aspect takes a back seat to the exchange of ideas and information that celebrates our shared passion. To invite people here for the sole purpose of commerce... as I said, I don't like those types of people. They're leeches.

Back