• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New member with some Why 8 questions

notslow

Oakley Beginner
Hi everyone, I have a few questions about the why 8. Are the earsocks and temple rubber pieces interchangeable with any other oakley model? Also, does anyone know what series these are from, are they x metal?

Not x metal. But kind of a cool style. Wish I could help you with your other questions. Someone will know.

Hi everyone, I have a few questions about the why 8. Are the earsocks and temple rubber pieces interchangeable with any other oakley model? Also, does anyone know what series these are from, are they x metal?

Should be interchangeable with the WHY 3.0 series...........not too sure about the colours of the O-matter being matches though...

Should be interchangeable with the WHY 3.0 series...........not too sure about the colours of the O-matter being matches though...
The nose pads and earsocks of the Why 3 are quite different from the corresponding parts of the Why 8.
The temple shocks may be interchangeable.
I'm not aware of any O-matter on either the Why 3 or the Why 8.

Here's Oakley's blurb about the Why 8 when it was introduced in 2004:
Oakley.com said:
Maximize your field of vision with open-edge lenses made of optically pure Plutonite®. The rimless architecture minimizes weight with durable C-5 alloy, a proprietary blend of five metal compounds. Sleek linear earstems are augmented with Unobtainium® to maintain a secure, comfortable fit. Patented XYZ Optics® maintains clarity at all angles of vision while optional Iridium® lens coatings cut glare and boost contrast.

Does anyone know if the the earsocks or temple shocks interchange with other models?
I bought a few used pairs recently and I'd like to get some red pieces for one pair and I need replacement pieces for another pair.

Latest Posts

Back