• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New Oakley 2016-2017 snow goggles

Louie Caces

Oakley Beginner
Anyone have any pictures/information on the new goggles for next season ? i did see something about heating tech?

there will be an Airbrake XL and the Lineminer. The Lineminer can also come with the "inferno" lens that heats up to help with fogging.

although i'm not sure if that defogging system would be really helpful, it looks like it might interfere when worn with a helmet

i used a giro helmet, and then pretty much a bern helemt since.. i believe its time to get a new one as i've had it for sometime so im definitely looking around

I use the Airbrake and Canopy. If you swap lenses often the Airbrake is great otherwise the Canopy or Flightdeck XM might be a better choice. All work well with my helmets (Sweet protection Rooster and TSG Fly atm). The new Oakley helmets look a bit meh, but I ski and don't snowboard ;)

I went to my local store and all I could see in person was the Canopy and O Frame. I was hoping to see the rest of the line but they don't stock much. I am leaning towards the Airbrake because it comes with 2 lenses and my 3 older pairs of Oakleys are all coming apart. I snowboard at night often and used to just keep a separate goggle with a clear lens handy. Mind me asking why the Canopy and Flightdeck XM might be the better choices @NoFair ? I welcome your opinion.

Its tough to buy without seeing in person and knowing how they will fit with my RED (Burton) helmet. I found a Canadian Olympic Airbrake with dark gray and high intensity yellow lenses for $142.99 CAD and free shipping ($108.10 USD). I was leaning towards getting a Prizm lens but its quite a bit more $$. I did have a Line Miner Prizm Snow Rose in my cart but it has since soldout. I do still have a 30% off code for oakley.ca and found an Airbrake Prizm Snow Black Iridium for $137.55 CAD plus shipping and I also like the O Frame 2.0 XL with Jade Iridium that would only be $80 CAD. Flight Deck XM is nice as well! There are too many goggle options to choose from!!
airbrake.jpg

lineminer.jpg

oframe.jpg

The Canopy has a slightly wider field of view (not really any issues since both are great). Both fit all the helmets I've tried them with (my normal helmet is a Sweet protection Rooster). I'd get the Airbrake if I could just have one. The lens switching is great and having one light and one darker lens is a bonus. I just have one lens for the Canopy and that is Prizm Rose since it can handle most conditions well. I have several Airbrakes so it isn't as important feature now, but if you plan on using just one frame I think it is a major plus for the Airbrakes.

The Canadian Olympic Airbrake looks sweet! HI Yellow is a great lens for night skiing and really poor conditions. Grey is a bit meh, but looks great in the frame even if it isn't my first choice for skiing. The Prizm rose lens is the least expensive prizm lens and imho the most versatile so if you plan to pick up a spare lens in the future that's what I'd go for. If you want some flash then Prizm torch would look sweet in those red Airbrakes :cool-20:

Back