• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

NEW Oakley "Airwaves" Goggle . . .

It's a pretty random list, but obviously stores that are near major ski resorts will be getting them, and then a few of the other top tier stores around the country.

Checked these out today. Not really into goggles but I can certainly appreciate the technology. They are a similar size to the Airbrake but maybe a little smaller. The screen is worked into the bottom corner of your viewing, and the remote is nice to navigate through the menus. Obviously you can only see so much without trying them on the slopes but time will tell if these turn out like the Thumps.

On the technology side though Oakley really stepped their game up.

I also got to check a pair out. I can confirm one store that has em Lenox Mall O Store in Atlanta. They have 1 black and 1 white text as of Thursday.

Very comfortable fit and agree with Batwolf that the tech is very clean. No small pimply buttons like the Thump. Screen was clear and was well placed so you could view it without impeding vision. I do not ski much but seems like it might be a little harder to read it while in motion. The remote buttons were also well made and overall I was impressed and definitely would try em out.

I tried a pair on last night. They seemed well built and solid but the screen was hard to see. An employee said it was adjustable but I didn't want to mess with it. I can't wait to see this technology make its way to motorcycle helmets.

Yeah I was having that issue too until I tilted the screen upwards. The viewing angle of the screen will depend on how the goggle sits on your nose.

I looked at these today and unless I missed something or no one knew how they worked these are a huge disappointment. All it was from what I could tell was a small LED screen in the bottom right, no heads up display on the lens. Is this correct or was I missing something?

No review ever said the screen was on the lens itself...

Perhaps it didnt, but they did use the words "heads up display" which is most commonly referred to as the information is projected on to whatever you are looking through. To me this is the equivalent of GM saying a car has heads up display and you actually have to look at the NAV screen.

This is HUD

Head-up display - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by a moderator:
Back