• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New Oakley Fuel Cell Sunglasses, First Pair!

Tony giordano

Oakley Beginner
Hello all.. New to the forum, glad to meet everyone..

I recently purchased a new pair of fuel cells model #009096-05 online, there matte black frames with grey polarized lenses.. I've wanted these glasses for a while now and was finally able to purchase myself a set. Well they arrived today and I must say I love them so far but I did notice something about mine that are different than some I've seen on YouTube and have read about. I noticed on the right side arm of my glasses they don't say "made in u.s.a" with the CE below it, mine only have CE and nothing else. I've read for them to be authentic they need to say "made in the u.s.a" on the arm. Is this true? Or does Oakley also make them that don't say made in USA and only CE? Should I be concerned?

I did contact the seller via email and asked them, they told me that not all Oakley glasses are made in the us anymore and some may not say "made in the u.s.a" but there still 100% authentic. Is this true. Everything else about the glasses look legitimate and I hope they are. Can someone help? Thank you in advance.

Firstly, welcome to the forum and being that you are new here, you'll have missed the multiple threads relating to your question.

Since Luxottica's purchase of Oakley there have been a number of changes that have taken place over the years that followed and one of those was where some of the frames are manufactured. A lot of your newer frames no longer have the "Made in U.S.A" embossed on the ear stems, but this doesn't mean that they are not Oakley Authentic. The lenses are still made in the US and the sunglasses are assembled in the US, but the most important part is that they don't have "Made in China or Italy" on them.

If you're ever in doubt, feel free to post a pic of your next or future purchases and ask the forum to help you out until you are versed enough to know the differences for yourself.

Firstly, welcome to the forum and being that you are new here, you'll have missed the multiple threads relating to your question.

Since Luxottica's purchase of Oakley there have been a number of changes that have taken place over the years that followed and one of those was where some of the frames are manufactured. A lot of your newer frames no longer have the "Made in U.S.A" embossed on the ear stems, but this doesn't mean that they are not Oakley Authentic. The lenses are still made in the US and the sunglasses are assembled in the US, but the most important part is that they don't have "Made in China or Italy" on them.

If you're ever in doubt, feel free to post a pic of your next or future purchases and ask the forum to help you out until you are versed enough to know the differences for yourself.

Thank you for your quick reply.. That certainly is reassuring news, I had a feeling they were authentic but just wasn't sure.. I really do like them and im glad I didn't have to return them.
I did try and search first but didn't find anything pertaining to my question.. If you can point me out to some more threads or what exactly to search that would be great..

Anyways, thank you for your help, it was Very Much appreciated.

I did try and search first but didn't find anything pertaining to my question.. If you can point me out to some more threads or what exactly to search that would be great..

Anyways, thank you for your help, it was Very Much appreciated.

You're welcome. Here are few threads you can read through on the topic:
http://www.oakleyforum.com/threads/oakley-product-origins.19311/
http://www.oakleyforum.com/threads/oakley-made-in-usa-question.17786/
http://www.oakleyforum.com/threads/changes-to-o-matter.24066/#post-275471

Latest Posts

Back