• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New Orleans Hot Spots??

BigHill11590

Oakley Expert
Tampa FL USA
So I'm leaving Thursday morning to take my girl friend to New Orleans for the weekend. She is turning 21 and I want to show her a good time! However, I don't know New Orleans very well. I know the hoping place is the French Quarter, but what are the "safe" dancing clubs to be in. I have a few friends from there and they have all told me to be careful because of the high crime. I just want to know the places not to go and some places I we can have a good time.

Thanks for the help

Stick to Bourbon St and the streets east of Bourbon heading toward the River. You should be fine if you stay in that area. Don't walk around with a ridiculous amount of cash or credit cards. Try not to look like a tourist - its really not as bad as it sounds I'm making it-you common sense.

Agree with Coolluke. It's not that bad, but use common sense like you would in any city you visit. It's nice that NO usually has plenty of people out and about even late at night. I've got family that live down there and other than some parts of Treme, they go everywhere. If you want a piece of NO history with great local Zydeco and Cajun dancing (easy to learn), go to Tipitina's. Friendly people, all ages, cheap beer, and locals willing to teach a newbie how it's done. Not touristy. I think dance nights are Thurs & Sunday though. Look 'em up.

Back