• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New OTT

I'm being serious. Wait for the new painted pairs by Brian. Those will be $1000 plus

Seriously, there were some allusions from people who would know that a new OTT was on the books for this year. But nothing's for sure until it comes out so I'm just wondering if anybody has any reason to think this might still happen.

At least, if someone has concrete (not speculation) knowledge that it's not, please chime in.

C'mon. Madman is a pandering piece?? If you guys think for one second that as long as Colin is at the helm that Lux will get in the way of design you don't know him at all.

C'mon. Madman is a pandering piece?? If you guys think for one second that as long as Colin is at the helm that Lux will get in the way of design you don't know him at all.
I dont think Colin Baden has to "Let" Lux do anything to a company they bought and paid for. Technically, Lux "lets" Colin come back to work everyday. They dont answer to anyone.

It's rarely a one way street like that. Lux is answerable to Shareholders. Shareholders demand results. Colin has led Oakley to fantastic results since becoming CEO, better that anybody that can come on board without being fully integrated with the Oakley culture. Therefore it is in Lux's best interests to play nice. It's why he still has the operational leeway he does.

Madman is a pandering piece??
Madman and Tailend are merely round frame styles and by themselves don't constitute pandering- but naming the Madman and Badman "X Metal" does.
No insult to Colin (or Brian or Peter) but I just can't come up with as many examples of great post JJ (and Hans) designs as pre, despite access to considerable capital.
I know Mom and Dad aren't getting back together but that fact doesn't change my opinion that the designs were better and the imagination less bridled by top and bottom line numbers.
An OTT re-release would be a far more desperate act IMHO.

Ok. Well here's my interpretation of why we named it X Metal. 1. It's a name that resonates with the true fans and collectors. 2. We employed some of
the same technology. 3. It's an evolution of a family that is logical-old heritage and culture and new materials. And I agree that we have to answer to shareholders but what makes the brand valuable to them, to Lux, to customers and to us in the family is the uniqueness that we are still able to design and pursue. Ive been in the optical industry over 20 years and you have to adapt to grow.

Latest Posts

Back