• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New pair of Juliets. I need some opinions

Shisiedo

Oakley Enthusiast
Hello all,
I purchased these off of eBay. The seller stated "All parts are guaranteed 100% authentic Oakley. This pair is in like new condition aside from the nose bridge having a little play in it. No scratches on the frame or lenses." The play in the nose bridge is definitely more than a little, the play is enough that I need the nose bridge to be tightened. The second thing I noticed is that one of the lenses was loose, so I broke out the micrometer and there is a 10% size difference in the lenses.
1. Have any of you experienced different size lenses?

oakley 1.jpg

oakley 2.jpg

oakley 3.jpg

Loose lenses are not uncommon. Did you get them at a 'fair' price? What gen. are they? (look to be newer by pictures) Newer gen (non serial, SKU) frames seem to be looser than the older serial frame counterparts.

Yes, if you search for "shim", you'll find a number of people who've had to fix a loose lens in place - I had it on the etched lens in a pair of Finito Juliets, for instance.

I got a bnib non serial juliet and lens are loose but not a problem when actually wearing them

Back