1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

Went to send funds to btr and Paypal gives me "I'm paying for goods/services" or "I'm sending money to family/friends". If you choose the latter and use your account funds or bank transfer you pay no fees.

Feels a lot more honest than choosing "gift" all the time on low-amount safe transactions with trusted individuals. I think Paypal got tired of it too.

I don't have time to delve into what the coverage is for the two options, but I doubt you'd have any sort of buyer protection for family/friend payments.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. gene

gene Oakley Enthusiast

Saw these options also. I was looking for the "Send as Gift" button and they removed them.

3. jrd5497

jrd5497 Oakley Enthusiast

I noticed that today too, when I went to send some $$ for a new Radarlock frame

4. JayMann

JayMann Oakley Collector

Yeah spotted this yesterday

5. Batwolf

Batwolf Double Team Premium Member

It makes sense. People were abusing the gift payment system which was causing PayPal to lose money so essentially they were gonna fix it sooner or later.

6. rmontez

rmontez Oakley Expert Premium Member

I guess thats why I couldn't find the "Gift" option when I was sending out a payment.

7. badai30

badai30 Oakley Beginner

Wow...Thanks for the info.