• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New Premium Feature: Change Your Username

I'm sure if some of yall had it your way, my username would be LeQ. But nah, I like my username better.
I think everyone should let ME change their usernames for them. :spiteful:

It will be interesting to say the least. Since I'm not exactly the most "politically correct" person since I don't give .......well whatever

How about "the Dark Metal Taco Slayer"? :)
Haha...too long
I think there have been some great suggestions lately ;)
Yep, but they are suggestions :)
I think everyone should let ME change their usernames for them. :spiteful:

It will be interesting to say the least. Since I'm not exactly the most "politically correct" person since I don't give .......well whatever
Maybe you can go and create your forum and do what you want.

Just to make things clear, when I first came into the forum last year I thought I would be here for a few days researching some stuff and then I would be gone. I used a whatever name of an old business that doesn't exist anymore since I wouldn't be here for more than a couple of days. Then I got hooked, and stayed around. However, that name was nothing to me so I decided to change it recently from MSTech to my current name X-Metal Beast, which is more appropriate and I like it more. I didn't do it to deceive anyone, nor to hide anything, since I have nothing to hide. Also want to clarify that I don't keep bumping my sale threads, as someone said earlier. It has been a long time since I learned that it had to be done every 48 hours, and I have been following that rule very well. You can see all my current sale threads and check for yourself, if you have nothing better to do.

When I changed my name, I even asked the mods @OakleyBoss & @xmetalmaniac if it was OK to do it and they said yes. Not a big deal guys, it's only a hobby, it's only sunglasses, watches, and other material things. There are more important things in life to make a big deal out of, other than little petty things that have no real importance.

It's all good, I wish everyone a wonderful weekend.
Cheers

OK, that was obviously in reference to my post from a few weeks ago. I want to be clear - I absolutely have no problem with you changing your username, nor do I believe you were trying to deceive anyone. I wasn't trying to complain about your ID change. If for some reason I had wanted to, I would have done it via PM.

I was merely citing it as an example; the name change with simultaneous new avatar made you completely unrecognizable. There was no judgement (or even observation) of the intent behind it, merely the effect. Kinda like when Jennifer Grey got that nose job - she was just trying to look better, but the effect was to make her unrecognizable, even though she was prettier...

Really, I didn't even say there was anything wrong with anybody changing their handle, or that doing so is an attempt to deceive or hide. All I said is it creates confusion, and asked for a way to see what a user's previous handle was, to mitigate that confusion.

The bump comment, really I was passing along an observation from another, trying to inject a little humor in the topic. I personally would only see your bumps if I was watching your sale threads, which means I don't see your bumps (or most anyone's). But I can see how I wrote it can be interpreted as a criticism, so for that, at least, I apologize.

But overall the point of my post was about the effects of the functionality, not about your use of it.

Peace... :hi:

Just to make things clear, when I first came into the forum last year I thought I would be here for a few days researching some stuff and then I would be gone. I used a whatever name of an old business that doesn't exist anymore since I wouldn't be here for more than a couple of days. Then I got hooked, and stayed around. However, that name was nothing to me so I decided to change it recently from MSTech to my current name X-Metal Beast, which is more appropriate and I like it more. I didn't do it to deceive anyone, nor to hide anything, since I have nothing to hide. Also want to clarify that I don't keep bumping my sale threads, as someone said earlier. It has been a long time since I learned that it had to be done every 48 hours, and I have been following that rule very well. You can see all my current sale threads and check for yourself, if you have nothing better to do.

When I changed my name, I even asked the mods @OakleyBoss & @xmetalmaniac if it was OK to do it and they said yes. Not a big deal guys, it's only a hobby, it's only sunglasses, watches, and other material things. There are more important things in life to make a big deal out of, other than little petty things that have no real importance.

It's all good, I wish everyone a wonderful weekend.
Cheers
There's a separate thread to discuss this but the issue I have isn't the timing as much as the number of threads bumped at a time, pushing others rapidly off page 1. Not aimed at you as I have no idea how many sale threads you have, just a general comment.

Back on topic, user name changes are silly. Though like you I chose mine in a rush thinking I'd only be here a day or two.

Would like a different name but wouldn't change it now, confusing all my friends here.

I personally like the idea of having a separate thread for each pair you're selling. Not combining them all into one thread. It makes it difficult to know which pair is which unless you really understand all the frames.

I bypass most sale ads that several different frames in one post.

I'd rather see each frame have its own post.. I mean some of your threads are all co.ibined into one and then when you're selling one that is "special" it gets it own thread. I think all Oakley's are special ial to someone and if I'm buying something I want to feel good about the purchase bit just some frame out of 20 for sale.... that's my 0.02 dueces!

Back