1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Rezechs

Rezechs Oakley Enthusiast

Bought some Mars Craters for a really nice price,once i got them in they are missing a C-Clip, have a small scuff on one of the lower orbitals and the main thing is the earstem appears to be bent... So i have a few Questions

1. What would be the best way to straighten out the Stem(once they are open they are still slightly bent but very wearable its only when they are closed i go WTF? i will post pics once i get my camera
    2. Anyone have some c-clips to sell i dont really need a 12 pack from e-bay

i am ofcorse probably going to have Xman do his magic on the frames to remove the scuff and i lucked out on the Bridge still being tight and lenses in pretty good shape as well as the rubbers

Edit: Here are the Pics...they also were shipped in a Priority mail envelope with no padding or anything i forgot to mention...lmao

New Project Pair Mars Crater - IMG_20130830_171321_467_zps28f28cf8.jpg
    New Project Pair Mars Crater - IMG_20130830_170940_434_zps22548fc7.jpg As you can see the right side is the issue

Last edited: 8/30/13
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OakleyCan

OakleyCan Oakley Collector

Nice project. Show a pic with them sitting arms open. Is it bent at the hinge or along the arm? You can slowly bend them back into shape.

OakleyGuru379 likes this.
  3. jlee226

jlee226 Oakley Beginner

No padding? It may have been crushed while in transit. If the arm is bent, you can definently bend them back

4. Rezechs

Here is a pic of them open i wouldn't be surprised if they were crushed in shipping or atleast tweaked when i saw the envelope in my mailbox i was saying to my self "no he didn't"... I talked to Xman and he said he will work his magic on them so hopefully they will be good, as you can see in the pic they are fairly straight when open and fit perfect.
    New Project Pair Mars Crater - IMG_20130830_215724_740_zps9ee677be.jpg

5. Rezechs

im thinking it may be at the hinge but i really dont want to take apart a pair of my juliets to swap arms because i hate putting back in the washers.

6. THE X-MAN

THE X-MAN Forum Sponsor Gold Forum Sponsor Premium Member Lifetime Member

if you wanna install your own washers use a toothpick to line them up once in place and push in the screw.