• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New Project Pair Mars Crater

Rezechs

Oakley Expert
San Jose, CA
Bought some Mars Craters for a really nice price,once i got them in they are missing a C-Clip, have a small scuff on one of the lower orbitals and the main thing is the earstem appears to be bent... So i have a few Questions

1. What would be the best way to straighten out the Stem(once they are open they are still slightly bent but very wearable its only when they are closed i go WTF? i will post pics once i get my camera
2. Anyone have some c-clips to sell i dont really need a 12 pack from e-bay

i am ofcorse probably going to have Xman do his magic on the frames to remove the scuff and i lucked out on the Bridge still being tight and lenses in pretty good shape as well as the rubbers

Edit: Here are the Pics...they also were shipped in a Priority mail envelope with no padding or anything i forgot to mention...lmao

IMG_20130830_171321_467_zps28f28cf8.jpg
IMG_20130830_170940_434_zps22548fc7.jpg As you can see the right side is the issue

Last edited:
Here is a pic of them open i wouldn't be surprised if they were crushed in shipping or atleast tweaked when i saw the envelope in my mailbox i was saying to my self "no he didn't"... I talked to Xman and he said he will work his magic on them so hopefully they will be good, as you can see in the pic they are fairly straight when open and fit perfect.
IMG_20130830_215724_740_zps9ee677be.jpg

im thinking it may be at the hinge but i really dont want to take apart a pair of my juliets to swap arms because i hate putting back in the washers.

if you wanna install your own washers use a toothpick to line them up once in place and push in the screw.