• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New R3 Sun Release

real-OG

I should Work at Oakley
Got a chance to check out some of the new release dropping 10/1.
IMO it was slightly underwhelming but i'm sure everyone will find a few pieces
their interested in. To me Oakley keeps coming out with too many "wayfarer" type
suns and they all end up looking similar or a hybrid of 2 styles.

Latch
Catalyst
Flak 2.0
M2 frame xl
Triggerman
some new frogskins
and a couple TL designs.

Got a pic of one of the styles called Triggerman that seemed the most intriguing as it's supposed to be
"inspired" from x-metal but in a lightweight Omatter material. Design seems there but
interested in fit. Guessing the style also has those unobtanium nosepads that are most of the new
active styles.

Can't wait. What's your guys thoughts on this style?

Screen Shot 2015-07-03 at 12.03.46 AM.png

Interesting photo. Where did you source it? It looks like an O-Matter version of the Badman. It seems that the fit would be the same. I'll be watching out for this one. :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

A reliable source. It's coming out in like 6 Skus I wanna say. Out of al the release think this is the only style that appeals to me.

thanks for the preview

the triggerman looks like it was inspired from an 'x-metal' that was inspired from an x-metal further watering down the legacy....

Yeah it's your everyday x-metal inspired pair. So your real x-metals can stay in your showcase most of the time. Still not the same..

Give me an exact replica of the Juliet in O-matter even and I'll start paying attention. And yes, I know of the crappy knock-offs, I don't want to put whatever the hell they are made of anywhere near my face, thanks very much!

That said, I quite like the look of these.

A reliable source. It's coming out in like 6 Skus I wanna say. Out of al the release think this is the only style that appeals to me.

It is actually coming out in 7 SKU's. One of which is a new lens color option they are releasing. Not sure if that colorway is limited edition yet though. If you want to know the colorways let me know and ill throw them up here

Back