1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Shade Station

Shade Station Oakley Retailer Platinum Forum Sponsor Premium Member

Hi Guys,

We now have all the information for this years Oakley R1 Releases. New frames include: Square Wire, Valve, M2 Frame, Quarter Jacket. Ladies Styles include: Break up, Dispute, Feedback, RPM.

Please see the link below for images and prices.

Oakley Sunglasses | Oakley Eyewear - Shade Station

30 Years Of Sports Collection, featuring different colour ways in all the classic sports frames - Flak Jacket, Radar, Racing Jacket, and Radarlock.

Attached Files:

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. mpmcgaughey

mpmcgaughey Oakley Enthusiast

Sweet! That made my morning :)

But I can't seem to find the pics of the 30 Years of Sports Collection :(

3. nlgrav182

nlgrav182 Oakley Enthusiast

Can't start a thread with that title... I read "New Release, Romeo 1, 2014," from a well-respected vendor.

Interested in the Valve, Silver/Fire, but from stateside O-stores.

sharjt and JDubs like this.
  4. Shade Station

Apologies I take your point, it won't happen again.

mpm
    cgaughey we are currently waiting on the 30 Years of Sports Images will be with us any day, I will post these soon as they arrive.

jonoyong likes this.
  5. V2oak

V2oak Oakley Man from Manila

Im kinda disappointed on the new Valve, its not even close from its predecessor. Does oakley runs out of name ideas? its seems like they're recycling the name to catch peoples attention, and from the thread title, I thought they were going to release a new R1 (romeo 1)?? :D

6. GRFMotorsports

GRFMotorsports is an Oakley whore Premium Member

Maybe it should read Q1 instead of R1 Q1 would be first quarter, what is R1?

i am rich likes this.
  7. i am rich

i am rich The Silly Collector!

R1 by forum definition is Romeo 1.
    Got me excited for bit then not.

8. Lexkempo

Lexkempo Frog Fanatic

Maybe it's a Euro saying.... ?

"R"elease 1?

9. Ventruck

Ventruck Oakley Expert

yeah the R1 thing confused me although I was sure it couldn't have meant Romeo. That would be some surprise. lol

Not to be a downer but I also had hopes of the Valve being a re-release of the original. I loved that old style. Aggressive orbitals along with the Scar and Splice, shaped sharply to the very ends of the ear stems. I agree on giving it a different name for record's sake. The design as it is, I don't know. It's bland imo just because it's easy to get drawn into comparing it with the original, but maybe it will sell better because the casual eyewear customer won't be so...intimidated by it or something.

10. Shade Station

Oakley do 3 releases per year and name them R1, R2 and R3. Apologies, understand this being read as Romeo 1 wasn't the intention and is now removed!

Having said that maybe Oakley will see this and get some ideas about re-releasing it! Or would that be expecting too much?

Oakley Valve was inspired by the original and developed into a sport and lifestyle frame, agreed that the more casual approach will prove to be a success with a wider range of consumers. However, we are seeing the down fall to this design is less appealing to Oakley lovers of the original. Overall Shade Station love this new design and have high hopes for its future.

I have attached some spec info for the Valve for anyone who is interested.

Attached Files: