• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New Releases 2014! (First Collection)

Shade Station

Oakley Retailer
Leeds, UK
Hi Guys,

We now have all the information for this years Oakley R1 Releases. New frames include: Square Wire, Valve, M2 Frame, Quarter Jacket. Ladies Styles include: Break up, Dispute, Feedback, RPM.

Please see the link below for images and prices.

Oakley Sunglasses | Oakley Eyewear - Shade Station

30 Years Of Sports Collection, featuring different colour ways in all the classic sports frames - Flak Jacket, Radar, Racing Jacket, and Radarlock.

Attachments

• OO9212-01.jpg
    OO9212-01.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 2,918
Hi Guys,

We now have all the information for this years Oakley R1 Releases. New frames include: Square Wire, Valve, M2 Frame, Quarter Jacket. Ladies Styles include: Break up, Dispute, Feedback, RPM.

Please see the link below for images and prices.

Oakley Sunglasses | Oakley Eyewear - Shade Station

30 Years Of Sports Collection, featuring different colour ways in all the classic sports frames - Flak Jacket, Radar, Racing Jacket, and Radarlock.

Sweet! That made my morning :)

But I can't seem to find the pics of the 30 Years of Sports Collection :(

Can't start a thread with that title... I read "New Release, Romeo 1, 2014," from a well-respected vendor.

Interested in the Valve, Silver/Fire, but from stateside O-stores.

Apologies I take your point, it won't happen again.

mpm
cgaughey we are currently waiting on the 30 Years of Sports Images will be with us any day, I will post these soon as they arrive.

Im kinda disappointed on the new Valve, its not even close from its predecessor. Does oakley runs out of name ideas? its seems like they're recycling the name to catch peoples attention, and from the thread title, I thought they were going to release a new R1 (romeo 1)?? :D

Im kinda disappointed on the new Valve, its not even close from its predecessor. Does oakley runs out of name ideas? its seems like they're recycling the name to catch peoples attention, and from the thread title, I thought they were going to release a new R1 (romeo 1)?? :D

yeah the R1 thing confused me although I was sure it couldn't have meant Romeo. That would be some surprise. lol

Not to be a downer but I also had hopes of the Valve being a re-release of the original. I loved that old style. Aggressive orbitals along with the Scar and Splice, shaped sharply to the very ends of the ear stems. I agree on giving it a different name for record's sake. The design as it is, I don't know. It's bland imo just because it's easy to get drawn into comparing it with the original, but maybe it will sell better because the casual eyewear customer won't be so...intimidated by it or something.

Oakley do 3 releases per year and name them R1, R2 and R3. Apologies, understand this being read as Romeo 1 wasn't the intention and is now removed!

Having said that maybe Oakley will see this and get some ideas about re-releasing it! Or would that be expecting too much?

Oakley Valve was inspired by the original and developed into a sport and lifestyle frame, agreed that the more casual approach will prove to be a success with a wider range of consumers. However, we are seeing the down fall to this design is less appealing to Oakley lovers of the original. Overall Shade Station love this new design and have high hopes for its future.

I have attached some spec info for the Valve for anyone who is interested.

Attachments

• 2014_R1_Men_s_Sun_Valve.pdf
    653.6 KB · Views: 578
Back