1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. FlexusLexus

FlexusLexus Oakley Beginner

Can someone tell me a good place to buy new rubber gaskets for the Romeos. Thanks for the help

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. atty_65

atty_65 Oakley magician Premium Member

linegear

3. FlexusLexus

FlexusLexus Oakley Beginner

Thanks

4. foamster

foamster Oakley Beginner

They don't seem to carry gaskets for the Romeos. Could the Juliets, X-metals, or X-squared gaskets serve in a pair of Romeo 2's? I was told by Oakley phone support that they would not fit, but I'm not convinced -- they seem very similar. Maybe the fit won't be *perfect*, but my Romeos 2's are loose around the nose gasket, and it sucks.

Also, is it possible to pop the rivets out and replace them without any special equipment? It seems like they haven't been peened on one side, so I think I can replace them without breaking them, but I haven't attempted this yet.

5. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

Welcome to the forum foamster.

6. Oakley-olic

Oakley-olic Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

Linegear has the gaskets and full rubber sets, bought a few myself.
    http://linegear.ocnk.net/product/196

7. foamster

foamster Oakley Beginner

I saw those, but I'm looking for Romeo 2 gaskets. The Romeo 1's and 2's don't seem to use the same bridge. I'm thinking the Juliet gaskets might work, though.

8. Oakley-olic

Oakley-olic Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

Ok, terminology difference, gaskets are on the orbitals of an R1, Juliet, XS and Penny. The bridge rubber is not available anywhere that I know of and you would have to remove the rivets. Oakley will replace them but your best solution would be to send the to the X Man here on the forum. He can rebuild them to better than new.

9. foamster

foamster Oakley Beginner

Oakley will not replace them because they discontinued them. :( If the bridge rubber isn't available anywhere, how does the X man go about repairing them?

10. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

That is his secret. If he gave out his secrets then he wouldn't be in business anymore now, would he?

salj838 likes this.