• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New Romeo Gaskets ???

They don't seem to carry gaskets for the Romeos. Could the Juliets, X-metals, or X-squared gaskets serve in a pair of Romeo 2's? I was told by Oakley phone support that they would not fit, but I'm not convinced -- they seem very similar. Maybe the fit won't be *perfect*, but my Romeos 2's are loose around the nose gasket, and it sucks.

Also, is it possible to pop the rivets out and replace them without any special equipment? It seems like they haven't been peened on one side, so I think I can replace them without breaking them, but I haven't attempted this yet.

Ok, terminology difference, gaskets are on the orbitals of an R1, Juliet, XS and Penny. The bridge rubber is not available anywhere that I know of and you would have to remove the rivets. Oakley will replace them but your best solution would be to send the to the X Man here on the forum. He can rebuild them to better than new.

Ok, terminology difference, gaskets are on the orbitals of an R1, Juliet, XS and Penny. The bridge rubber is not available anywhere that I know of and you would have to remove the rivets. Oakley will replace them but your best solution would be to send the to the X Man here on the forum. He can rebuild them to better than new.

Oakley will not replace them because they discontinued them. :( If the bridge rubber isn't available anywhere, how does the X man go about repairing them?

Oakley will not replace them because they discontinued them. :( If the bridge rubber isn't available anywhere, how does the X man go about repairing them?
That is his secret. If he gave out his secrets then he wouldn't be in business anymore now, would he?

Latest Posts

Back