• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New Rule - 12/20 - Paypal F&F No Longer Allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.
@OakleyBoss

Just to clarify since it seems like it might be a grey area going forward-

What's the policy on people trying to skirt the removal of F&F with stuff like "PM me if you'd like to pay F&F" and stuff like that? This is an outright removal of encouraging use of F&F in the open forum at all right? Even if it isn't expressly mentioned as a lower price if you pay that way?

@OakleyBoss

Just to clarify since it seems like it might be a grey area going forward-

What's the policy on people trying to skirt the removal of F&F with stuff like "PM me if you'd like to pay F&F" and stuff like that? This is an outright removal of encouraging use of F&F in the open forum at all right? Even if it isn't expressly mentioned as a lower price if you pay that way?

Correct, if you are alluding to F&F such as the example you provided, it will be treated the same way. This isn't just about having plausible deniability, it's about protecting members.

Bottom line - Just use G&S!

Correct, if you are alluding to F&F such as the example you provided, it will be treated the same way. This isn't just about having plausible deniability, it's about protecting members.

Bottom line - Just use G&S!
Thank you.

Correct, if you are alluding to F&F such as the example you provided, it will be treated the same way.
and
"Any threads that request F&F, or 3% fee, will be warned, and deleted within 24 hours if not edited appropriately."

The way I interpret that = no mention of F&F is allowed - period.

@OakleyBoss
Is that term/phrase being flagged and/or masked (like swearing and cursing, for example)
Why is that term/phrase (and its obvious variants) allowed at all moving forward and not banned completely?

and
"Any threads that request F&F, or 3% fee, will be warned, and deleted within 24 hours if not edited appropriately."

The way I interpret that = no mention of F&F is allowed - period.

@OakleyBoss
Is that term/phrase being flagged and/or masked (like swearing and cursing, for example)
Why is that term/phrase (and its obvious variants) allowed at all moving forward and not banned completely?
Because there are plenty of legitimate uses of those phrases outside of the exchange section. People post here fairly regularly about deals that have been done that had nothing to do with the exchange.

Personally I don't think restricting speech any more than has already been done here is a good idea. People should be able to control themselves and follow the rules or be willing to suffer the consequences, IMO.

Because there are plenty of legitimate uses of those phrases outside of the exchange section.
I was not implying anything outside of the exchange section.

Personally I don't think restricting speech any more than has already been done here is a good idea.
I have absolutely no problem at all whatsoever banning, masking, or otherwise disallowing any term that mitigates unnecessary legal and regulatory concerns - and also benefits the board.

It's a single term/phrase tied to a specific service provided by a specific brand. You can call it censorship. I'll call it good housekeeping. ;)

I was not implying anything outside of the exchange section.

I have absolutely no problem at all whatsoever banning, masking, or otherwise disallowing any term that mitigates unnecessary legal and regulatory concerns - and also benefits the board.

It's a single term/phrase tied to a specific service provided by a specific brand. You can call it censorship. I'll call it good housekeeping. ;)
What about the Oakley F&F sale? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back