• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New Rule - 12/20 - Paypal F&F No Longer Allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a problem... I really think we should all understand this one :) until then I'll leave my posts as is. But anyone who prefers goods sale won't be discriminated against in any way.

I like it. Since someone tried to screw me on that trade I mentioned before, PayPal stepped in and resolved it right away. Had it of been F&F...they would not have helped...well, nothing would have happened really. But going back to what I said earlier...if you have a dispute and PayPal rules in your favor, the other party shouldn't be permitted to leave you negative feedback here. I really hope the admins here can address this. Someone tried to screw me here on a trade for some lenses, he filed a case with PayPal...he LOST, yet ruined my perfect score that he had here. I think that since PayPal ruled in my favor, my feedback should be left untouched. I know others agree with me on this...can an admin or mod address this please? Since we are covering all aspects of buying and selling with PayPal...feedback is important. I'm not alone on this, I know as I have spoken to others via PM about this.

It may not be too far off in the future from PayPal's side to completely remove the F&F option from the users accounts. A couple of months back I tried paying someone I know well and have dealt with on numerous occasions using F&F and each time I hit the "send money" tab the transaction was blocked by PP. After calling them, their response was that with the increase of cases reported to them for reversals on F&F transactions which takes up a lot of their time, they would only allow the transaction to be completed via the G&S option, thereby protecting the buyer under their protection act.

It has been discussed at length before in several other threads regarding percentages, but at the end of the day, be it G&S or F&F, there really is not that much a difference in savings, not from my neck of the woods at least. The cost of having peace of mind and the ability to get your money back if things go ***s up is priceless. I, for one, welcome this new rule.

I like it. Since someone tried to screw me on that trade I mentioned before, PayPal stepped in and resolved it right away. Had it of been F&F...they would not have helped...well, nothing would have happened really. But going back to what I said earlier...if you have a dispute and PayPal rules in your favor, the other party shouldn't be permitted to leave you negative feedback here. I really hope the admins here can address this. Someone tried to screw me here on a trade for some lenses, he filed a case with PayPal...he LOST, yet ruined my perfect score that he had here. I think that since PayPal ruled in my favor, my feedback should be left untouched. I know others agree with me on this...can an admin or mod address this please? Since we are covering all aspects of buying and selling with PayPal...feedback is important. I'm not alone on this, I know as I have spoken to others via PM about this.
I think it's safe to assume that wouldn't be the thing keeping people from buying from you.

I think it's safe to assume that wouldn't be the thing keeping people from buying from you.

I'm not saying that it is...I don't really sell much of anything here, I buy. But, there are a lot of cool guys here that hook us all up with great prices...better than on eBay. It would not be cool if they get a tarnished rating over something similar that happened to me. Just trying to look after the great sellers here that look after the community and don't rape us with silly prices. Just an idea...

I'm not saying that it is...I don't really sell much of anything here, I buy. But, there are a lot of cool guys here that hook us all up with great prices...better than on eBay. It would not be cool if they get a tarnished rating over something similar that happened to me. Just trying to look after the great sellers here that look after the community and don't rape us with silly prices. Just an idea...
Official policy is "don't get involved, buy/sell/trade at your own risk."

This place is primarily a discussion forum, a community, that happens to have an exchange, not the other way around. Personally I think one builds trust more through building relationships than through one's feedback score. This ain't ebay, you can get to know sellers outside of their listings; there's no need for mod intervention over something as simple as a single negative feedback.

But, back to the original topic, this new rule is great. As mentioned, it can be circumvented, but the problem has been that F&F was the norm, it was expected, and it was risky and wrong. The forum is now setting and enforcing the proper standard, and anybody taking F&F risks isn't doing so out of ignorance due to "everybody does it"...

I for one welcome our new G&S overlords...

This place is primarily a discussion forum, a community, that happens to have an exchange, not the other way around. Personally I think one builds trust more through building relationships than through one's feedback score. This ain't ebay, you can get to know sellers outside of their listings; there's no need for mod intervention over something as simple as a single negative feedback.

But, back to the original topic, this new rule is great. As mentioned, it can be circumvented, but the problem has been that F&F was the norm, it was expected, and it was risky and wrong. The forum is now setting and enforcing the proper standard, and anybody taking F&F risks isn't doing so out of ignorance due to "everybody does it"...

I for one welcome our new G&S overlords...
I wondered how long was it going to take before you introduce our overlords :D

There is no fee for transferring money using the friends and family option. By using goods and services you paying additional 3 to 4% on top of the cost to transfer the funds.

F and F also does not protect you if you need to file a claim. PayPal will not back you if your sending money against their own rules. Goods and services has buyer protection.
All correct.Just want to add that transfering money using the friends and family option has zero fees ONLY when u pay from ur paypal balance.If u pay using ur card(credit or debit) or bank account u still get charged fees.Thats the reason i always pay g&s cause i get charged either way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back