• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New Rule - 12/20 - Paypal F&F No Longer Allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.
...transferring money using the friends and family option has zero fees ONLY when u pay from ur paypal balance.
I wish I had that option, but unfortunately or fortunately (which ever way you want to look at it) my government doesn't allow me the luxury of choice, so I'm bound by law to play it safe :bigboss: either way, it's another reason why I can't / won't do the F&F option.

PayPal SA Rules.png

I wish I had that option, but unfortunately or fortunately (which ever way you want to look at it) my government doesn't allow me the luxury of choice, so I'm bound by law to play it safe :bigboss: either way, it's another reason why I can't / won't do the F&F option.

View attachment 205447
Thats strict rules for sure.yeah i play on the safe side as well

I couldn't agree more with the new rule to protect buyers. However, there's one important issue when selling to someone overseas, and they ask you to put on the value field a small amount so that they don't have to pay import taxes. In such cases the item can only be insured for that low value. If the item gets lost in the mail, then the seller has to pay back the full amount to the buyer per PayPal rules, but since the item is only insured by the declared value, the seller will only be covered by that amount.

Solution is to not be declare lower values than the actual transactions. I guess this might hamper overseas sales. Oh well. G&S is a great idea though. However, how are you guys going to enforce it? Once the buyer and seller go private in the transaction they can do whatever they want.

Cheers

I couldn't agree more with the new rule to protect buyers. However, there's one important issue when selling to someone overseas, and they ask you to put on the value field a small amount so that they don't have to pay import taxes. In such cases the item can only be insured for that low value. If the item gets lost in the mail, then the seller has to pay back the full amount to the buyer per PayPal rules, but since the item is only insured by the declared value, the seller will only be covered by that amount.

Solution is to not be declare lower values than the actual transactions. I guess this might hamper overseas sales. Oh well. G&S is a great idea though. However, how are you guys going to enforce it? Once the buyer and seller go private in the transaction they can do whatever they want.

Cheers
Yeah that declared value is a thing of discuss.Major problem and risk/dilemma in overseas transactions but i choose to take that risk than paying half price at customs for sure

However, how are you guys going to enforce it? Once the buyer and seller go private in the transaction they can do whatever they want.

Cheers

Well, if the buyer and seller goes underground, the forum will not deal with it. Have you not been paying attention?

I hear you on the insurance thing. No way I'd declare a low value to skirt taxes for another guy. I need to be made whole if some mess goes down.

Well, if the buyer and seller goes underground, the forum will not deal with it. Have you not been paying attention?

I hear you on the insurance thing. No way I'd declare a low value to skirt taxes for another guy. I need to be made whole if some mess goes down.
Exactly. It's written in the VERY FIRST post in this thread.

OK, I see that. Didn't read the whole thing. So the rule is pretty much not to advertise the F&F, but whatever buyer & seller do is their problem. I still think everyone should use G&S regardless, for piece of mind.

I have no issues with the rule. The only thing I don't like is you can't add the paypal fees on at the end.

So now, if I have something to sell for $100, I can't list it as "$100 plus paypal fees', I have to list it as "$103.30".

Like Benghazi, what difference does it make? ;)

This is not a difficult rule to follow people....... If your going to post in the exchange adjust your pricing accordingly. If your going to worry about such a very low reasonable amount to protect yourself then maybe you should not use the exchange. If you list an item on eBay you pay a listing fee, a final value fee, and shipping values fee. Then you total that up and see what spend. Just read the rule and follow it. It's simple. Let's not beat this up further.

This discussion reminds me of this:

Last edited:
I also feel using Paypal can be a good tool for trades. It costs each person the fees for their items but it can save you if you agree to a trade and the other person doesn't send theirs. If you each agree to a trade on items that are approximately $200, you each send $200 for the items. Paypal takes their cut but if you never receive your item you at least get $200 back for the item they never sent so you in essence get paid for the item you sent. It may cost you $6-8 but it's better than losing a $200 item.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back