• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New Section?

I feel like a dedicated fakes section would be nice too. Right now even with a dedicated thread people still post that stuff all the time. I think something like that would help members get answers about the pair in question quickly without having to guess if members are missing their posts in the main thread or just don't know if they are genuine.

That section could also hold stickies for known fake sellers and others for genuine sellers, as well as informative posts about how to verify authenticity of the more commonly faked pairs.

I like how simple the forum is now. There is so little done when it comes to new releases that it would be a boring subforum. The majority of the posts would be "what do you want Oakley to release next?"

Stickies at the top of the general discussion forum will be prominent enough for people, and mega threads are more fun to read than 20 short ones.

Yea right. I don't think stickies would handle it. Look how many people don't look for a related topic at all before making a thread. How many china and xmetal threads are there?

disagree to fakes threads. it only helps fakers get better. if members want knowledge, go to another member who is familiar in the area or post a pic like the system now, minimizes "helping" fakers by restricting the information abit more

disagree to fakes threads. it only helps fakers get better. if members want knowledge, go to another member who is familiar in the area or post a pic like the system now, minimizes "helping" fakers by restricting the information abit more

Idk. I still maintain that if they wanted to copy a pair exactly, they would. They could just buy one and replicate it. They make them different on purpose.

This is just one guy's opinion but fakes were around long before this forum. It isn't like this place is where the fakers come to decide what to fake and how to do it.

Is there potential to show fakers what's flawed with their product and end up with better fakes in the market? Perhaps. But I'd say its equally likely that Oakley HQ starts coming here to find out if we like made in China frames or not.

Point being, keeping the info we have about fakes in its own section is MUCH more likely to help the members here steer clear of counterfeit items than it is for it to be turned against us. As @qtrain23 has said, its just plain easy for them to buy a genuine frame and replicate it that way.

Just created the new section you can check it out here: Upcoming Oakley Releases/Rumors | Oakley Forum

Still working on moving related threads, but for now I think its good to have an area to discuss upcoming releases and rumors. We'll see how it goes and approach it in the future, we can always merge it back with the appropriate areas.

Last edited:
Back