1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Razerwire

Razerwire And then there was X...

I picked up a new set of Emerald Iridium for my Juliet and I noticed that it's a slightly different shade compared to my old set of Emerald Iridium.

The old version appears to have more yellow hue whereas the new one is more blue.

I checked my other Emerald Iridium sunnies and noticed that my Polarized Square Whisker has the newer Emerald while my Fuel Cell Exclusive Science has the older one.

Was there a change and if so, when did it happen?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. mpmcgaughey

mpmcgaughey Oakley Enthusiast

Its just a batch variance just like Ruby Iridium...dare I say "Fruby" or "Fire-like Ruby" on this site (A couple O-Reviewers may get that one) ;o) But my RX Emerald Iridium New Square Wires look the same...though it does seems like Emerald Iridium, in time, will be phased out and be replaced with Jade Iridium - you can see that in the latest Dispatch 2 and Jupiter Squared releases.

3. jk-27

jk-27 Moderator Premium Member

Got a pic comparing the two?

4. Razerwire

New Shade Of Emerald Iridium? - P1070669.jpg

The one on the left is the new one.

It's a little hard to get a pic showing the difference since it's not a huge difference. Just that one's more blue and the other more yellow on the reflections.

5. MrSneis

MrSneis Oakley Beginner

That's awesome, I'd rock it over the yellow-ish batch. Are you sure those lenses aren't older? I thought older ones were more green, newer more yellow.

6. mpmcgaughey

mpmcgaughey Oakley Enthusiast

New Shade Of Emerald Iridium? - 6148580892_19a6e59649.jpg

Here's my comparison. The Juliet's have alittle more yellow then the Square Wires...could be the base curve?

7. xmetalmaniac

xmetalmaniac Made of Metal Premium Member Lifetime Member

I bought a pair of new carbon juliets and installed the older emerald iridium lenses. I still have the newer juliet lenses and they are different from the older ones... I think the older ones look better. I compared the older lenses to my science fuel cell and they are identical....

New Shade Of Emerald Iridium? - img0368i.jpg

8. jk-27

jk-27 Moderator Premium Member

Thanks man. I can see a slight difference between the two although in all honesty it could just be the lighting. I prefer the colour of the lens on the right, although again that may just be lighting.

I wish Emerald lenses were available for Frogskins.

9. Razerwire

Yeah the old Emeralds on my Juliet matched my Science Fuel Cell as well. The new Emeralds matched my Square Whisker Polarized.

Yeah the camera doesn't really do a good job on showing the differences. In person you can definitely see that one is more yellow and the other more blue.

10. the piper

the piper Oakley Collector

Phasing out emerald for jade wow another great move by oakley....