• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New Shade Of Emerald Iridium?

Razerwire

And then there was X...
Falls Church, VA
I picked up a new set of Emerald Iridium for my Juliet and I noticed that it's a slightly different shade compared to my old set of Emerald Iridium.

The old version appears to have more yellow hue whereas the new one is more blue.

I checked my other Emerald Iridium sunnies and noticed that my Polarized Square Whisker has the newer Emerald while my Fuel Cell Exclusive Science has the older one.

Was there a change and if so, when did it happen?

I picked up a new set of Emerald Iridium for my Juliet and I noticed that it's a slightly different shade compared to my old set of Emerald Iridium.

The old version appears to have more yellow hue whereas the new one is more blue.

I checked my other Emerald Iridium sunnies and noticed that my Polarized Square Whisker has the newer Emerald while my Fuel Cell Exclusive Science has the older one.

Was there a change and if so, when did it happen?

Its just a batch variance just like Ruby Iridium...dare I say "Fruby" or "Fire-like Ruby" on this site (A couple O-Reviewers may get that one) ;o) But my RX Emerald Iridium New Square Wires look the same...though it does seems like Emerald Iridium, in time, will be phased out and be replaced with Jade Iridium - you can see that in the latest Dispatch 2 and Jupiter Squared releases.

Got a pic comparing the two?

P1070669.jpg

The one on the left is the new one.

It's a little hard to get a pic showing the difference since it's not a huge difference. Just that one's more blue and the other more yellow on the reflections.

That's awesome, I'd rock it over the yellow-ish batch. Are you sure those lenses aren't older? I thought older ones were more green, newer more yellow.

I bought a pair of new carbon juliets and installed the older emerald iridium lenses. I still have the newer juliet lenses and they are different from the older ones... I think the older ones look better. I compared the older lenses to my science fuel cell and they are identical....

img0368i.jpg

P1070669.jpg

The one on the left is the new one.

It's a little hard to get a pic showing the difference since it's not a huge difference. Just that one's more blue and the other more yellow on the reflections.

Thanks man. I can see a slight difference between the two although in all honesty it could just be the lighting. I prefer the colour of the lens on the right, although again that may just be lighting.

I wish Emerald lenses were available for Frogskins.

I bought a pair of new carbon juliets and installed the older emerald iridium lenses. I still have the newer juliet lenses and they are different from the older ones... I think the older ones look better. I compared the older lenses to my science fuel cell and they are identical....
Yeah the old Emeralds on my Juliet matched my Science Fuel Cell as well. The new Emeralds matched my Square Whisker Polarized.

Thanks man. I can see a slight difference between the two although in all honesty it could just be the lighting. I prefer the colour of the lens on the right, although again that may just be lighting.

I wish Emerald lenses were available for Frogskins.
Yeah the camera doesn't really do a good job on showing the differences. In person you can definitely see that one is more yellow and the other more blue.

Back