1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. stn51

stn51 I NEED ANOTHER FUEL CELL!

just got a email about these today
    i guess they are exclusive to si pretty sick makes you wonder what else you could do with cerakote

"Oakley is proud to partner with Cerakote™ in an effort to provide our customers with the most durable and mission critical eyewear protection possible. The two lenses are actually cut from a single shield of optically pure Plutonite® then placed in the frame to maintain the original continuous contour. An innovation of HIGH DEFINITION OPTICS®, POLARIC ELLIPSOID™ lens geometry extends clarity all the way to your peripheral view, exceeding ANSI Z87.1 optical standards. Impact protection meets all ANSI Z87.1 basic standards while UV filtering is an unbeatable 100% for every single ray of UVA, UVB and UVB. The lens curvature and frame architecture improve side protection, and durable yet lightweight O Matter® frame material."

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. stn51

New SI FUEL CELL WITH CERAKOTE - cerakoteblack_zps4e8ba9f2.jpg graphite black
    New SI FUEL CELL WITH CERAKOTE - cerakotedesertsage_zps6ed84271.jpg desert sage
    New SI FUEL CELL WITH CERAKOTE - cerakotegreen_zps6a8e05d4.jpg acu green
    all with warm grey.

3. whirrx

whirrx Oakley Beginner

WOW! Very interesting! Wonder why the ACU Green is $84 and other two are $72. Definitely a very awesome concept. Might need to put an order on a pair or two.

4. qtrain23

qtrain23 3D Printing Protege

Make black and sand frames? How is this more durable than coloring the actual plastic before molding?

5. subysti2007

subysti2007 Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

6. foleyness

foleyness Oakley Enthusiast

This makes me wish I could order from the SI site...

7. qtrain23

qtrain23 3D Printing Protege

Yes I know what cerakote is. But once again, how is that better than the plastic itself? I guess I just don't understand why they'd have them painted. Weren't the si desert gascans molded that color?

8. subysti2007

subysti2007 Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

no. the si desert gascans are lighter in color.

9. stn51

im thinking fire engine red to match my ambulance

10. stn51

i love them i have already found a local company that does the process in house gonna see what they can do.