• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New SI Gascans

Those Gascans look great!! If only my melon wasn't so huge... :sad:

Sure, nice shades and I like the frame color, but why the hell the icons are shiny (SI are always matte) and not matching the frame & lens color ?????
To Oakley: Think about it !
My SI Half Jackets had silver icons. If you think about it, you're probably very screwed if the enemy is able to pick up the color of your icons before seeing anything else (like that big, black, gun you're holding). If you're wearing sunglasses, chances are they'll probably pick up the lens glare sooner than the icon color.

probably :crutch:
Soldiers Warning: Wearing these shades can be dangerous. To avoid glare of your lenses, you should stand in a ninety degrees of corner to your enemy.

So I have been digging the SI Desert Gascans with the Green American flag Icon and Bronze lenses, but couldn'y find them anywhere but eBay. They always ended up more then $100, and the wife wouldn't let me buy them. But the other day I found a Police and Military supply company that had them for $89.99. So I ordered them up, and got them today....here are a few pics.

2805_4080204518825_924600121_n.jpg

427079_4080205358846_972396572_n.jpg

Don't know what it is about these shades, but I am in love with them.
I got them from the same place probably, lol. Quartermaster.com? Absolutely love these glasses as I am an od green freak.

Congrats! I love my SI Gascans as love them even more since I dropped emerald lenses in them.

90c974d4.jpg

I did the exact same thing and don't regret it either, looks awesome!

Last edited by a moderator: