• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New TF3... Have An Issue

Rezechs

Oakley Expert
San Jose, CA
i got a brand new pair of TF3 gascans and they are great but they have a very tight fitting right arm, when i move it a few times it keeps making a creaking noise and i can see the plastic shavings coming off. wondering if anyone has had this issue before with apair of gascans and what you guys did to fix the problem.

tried taking off the arm but was unable to is their a trick? i kept trying to yank it out but didnt want to break the arm.

I've had a couple pair of gascans that did the squeak on the arms when they were brand new. Goes away with time if you wear them regularly. Seemed like the plastic or the paint was a little too thick for the tolerances. l

Both arms on my matte Gascans creak noticeably when I open them up. It's gonna be a long while before that wears away as I only wear them during the work week and after I take them out the arms don't get closed until I put them away when the sun goes down.

Truly nothing to worry about.

Remove the stems and clean out the inside of the stem mounting area really well as well as the end of the stems. When the pair is first breaking in, the clearances are so tight that tiny pieces of paint/plastic dust build up and cause friction. If you're already worn them for a few weeks then you should be able to remove the stems and clean off that build up.

It's worked for me on a few different finishes of Gascans.

Back