• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New To All Of This! Have A Few Questions.

veener79

Oakley Beginner
Chicago area
When I got into this forum I never knew how much people collected them and the store cases. Kind if shocked. Guess it should not be with also being a car guy.

I have a few questions though as I am reading all this I an kind of lost at times.

The Vault stores I see they are a big thing but I am not sure why. I live just outside the Chicago area so I can trip over them it seems. I have 3 stores in about 30min from work. Two I like the people mostly the ones in Chicago. I am just not sure if there are deals at the Vaults that I do not know about. They seem to be the most expensive places to buy Oakley gear.

I know that Oakley does not sell just frames. I see there are a lot of people that have a lot of frame combos. Other then used is there a way to get just more frames? Does everyone just have a lot of extra lens?

My first pair of Oakley's I got 10 years ago. They are the first half jackets. They are just the flat black. Only thing that I saw different on them to later models is that they did not have Oakley over the center nose area. I am guessing they are not worth that much. With how I see people collecting Oakley's it has me wondering a little.

Thanks for answering any of this.

ebay is gonna be your best bet if you wanna get other colors of a frame you want. other than that, you can go to a oakley vault or store or even online and build a custom pair.

based on what you described, is you half jacket frame matte black? if it is, that would explain why it doesn't have the word "oakley" on the nosebridge because its standard issue (si) pair used by law enforcement/military.

Thank you.

Yes they are the matte black. I did not know that they had pairs just made for enforcement/military. Guessing there are a lot of those out there then.

Back