• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New To Collecting

Vince Vicencio

Oakley Beginner
Okay so I've always been a huge fan of Oakley sunglasses but just never really got around to collecting them. Watched xman recently and I don't know why I got the sudden urge to research about those sunglasses and try to get my hands on a pair. Long story search I learned a lot doing my reading and found a couple of useful information on this site. Still don't have the pair but hopefully I get some more knowledge about oakley and oakley history before I start collecting. Which is why I'm here:) thanks!

Of course you come looking for one of the best pairs! Some of the more X-Metal experienced collectors can let me know but I believe he wore a Penny with some side pieces?

I think it's too late. Getting hooked! And I still haven't bought my pair.

I did a lot of research actually. Trying to get me a pair but not sure exactly which ones. Here's what I found out so far. The one he wore in the first movie are the Juliet's with a custom prop lens to make it appear more red. The two films after that, he wore the penny's with the second gen ruby iridium lens. I'm chasing after a unicorn here. Because It would be cool to get the first gen seriel# x metal Juliet's, with first gen ruby lens. The problem is, they stopped production of the first gen lens because it gave people head aches when they wore them to long. So then they came out with the second gen lens. The difference between the two is that the first appeared more red with a purple/blue tint in the middle when tilted a certain way. And the second gen is not as dark red with more of a yellow/orange tint.

I don't have links from the sources but i got em from other random forums and websites.
And feel free to correct me or add any information if I'm wrong.

All this reading and searching made me want the pair even more badly because of how rare they are lol. I use to collect shoes, nikes/jordans. So I'm kind of familiar with this kind of addiction.

Back