1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Irishhawk

Irishhawk Oakley Beginner

Picked up some used Pennys but the joints connected to the nose "X" are a bit loose, making them feel fragile. How can i resolve this or who should i turn to? Any help is appriciated. (On top of that I'm looking for replacement nose bombs)

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. big bopper

big bopper Oakley Enthusiast

You can send them off to Oakley for a tune-up. They'll tighten the nose bridge and replace the nose bombs. Give the customer service line for your area a call for details.

3. xmetalmaniac

xmetalmaniac Made of Metal Premium Member Lifetime Member

Welcome to the forum! Call Oakley and make sure they WILL do the tune up for you. Since the Penny is one of the rarer frames in which parts are discontinued, nosepads are a big issue in locating. I don't believe they have nosepads at Oakley HQ, but as your post spends time on the forum, and you grow as a member, someone may have an extra pair to help you out.....

4. Irishhawk

That'd be great! My collection is meek (3) but I LOVE x metals and I dig that theres this community that I can talk to. :)

5. Advent

Advent Oakley Beginner

I emailed U.S. customer care last week about Penny bridge repair (partial tune up specifically). The response below is what I got back:

Though I've read people on here have gotten it done in walk-ins at HQ. So your mileage may vary.

6. Irishhawk

Wow. I guess its gonna be un uphill battle to fix these Penny's. Ugh

7. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

8. Irishhawk

On it. thanks BriP

9. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

best of luck mate