• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New To Forum, Loose Joins On Penny Nose Area, Suggestions?

Irishhawk

Oakley Beginner
Picked up some used Pennys but the joints connected to the nose "X" are a bit loose, making them feel fragile. How can i resolve this or who should i turn to? Any help is appriciated. (On top of that I'm looking for replacement nose bombs)

You can send them off to Oakley for a tune-up. They'll tighten the nose bridge and replace the nose bombs. Give the customer service line for your area a call for details.

Welcome to the forum! Call Oakley and make sure they WILL do the tune up for you. Since the Penny is one of the rarer frames in which parts are discontinued, nosepads are a big issue in locating. I don't believe they have nosepads at Oakley HQ, but as your post spends time on the forum, and you grow as a member, someone may have an extra pair to help you out.....

I emailed U.S. customer care last week about Penny bridge repair (partial tune up specifically). The response below is what I got back:

Hello,

Thank you for your email. We unfortunately do not tune the Penny more. The product is discontinued and we no longer have available parts for the tune. If you would like to get into another pair of glasses we can offer you a 25% off upgrade towards that new pair. If you would like to take advantage of this discount please give us a call at our customer service line at (800)403-7449 and we will be happy to place the order for you. Below are the discount guidelines.

· The discount is applied to the MSRP, you can find the eyewear on our website Sunglasses, Goggles, and Apparel - Oakley Official Site. .

· There is a $7.50 shipping charge that is applied to the order.

· Exclusions include limited eidtion, special edition, elite models.

If you find a pair of sunglasses that you would be interested in, please note the style and item number of the product. The next step would be to call our Customer Care team at (800) 403-7449 and we will be happy to finalize the upgrade process for you.

Best regards,

CUSTOMER CARE REPRESENTATIVE 2

OAKLEY, INC.

ONE ICON

FOOTHILL RANCH

CALIFORNIA 92610

800-403-7449

Sunglasses, Goggles, and Apparel - Oakley Official Site.

Though I've read people on here have gotten it done in walk-ins at HQ. So your mileage may vary.