1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. HeavyChevy

HeavyChevy Oakley Beginner

Hello everyone. I am new to the forum and just want to say hi. I have enjoyed Oakley glasses for the last 10 years or so but found out about the X-metal line of sunglasses fairly recently and have started collecting . I am amazed by the quality, craftsmanship and manufacturing process for the X-metal line. I am disappointed that they were discontinued but I guess it gives collectors more of a challenge to obtain these pieces. Anyways, looking forward to being part of the forum.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Dallas O Hog

Dallas O Hog O.C.D. Oakley Collecting Disorder haha Premium Member Lifetime Member

Welcome and good luck with the chase. What pairs do you own?

3. HeavyChevy

Thanks! So far I have some X-Squared - X-metal frame, Emerald and Ruby Lenses, Polished Carbon Frame, Polarized BI lenses, and Carbon Frame, BI lenses. I also have 2 Juliets - One Carbon Frame, BI lenses and one Plasma frame, BI lenses that are serialized with W warranty serial. Not many yet but I am sure I will slowly accumulate more.

4. atty_65

atty_65 Oakley magician Premium Member

great stuff, do they come complete?(warranty frame)

5. HeavyChevy

Unfortunately no. I just found them on Kijiji and they only had the microfiber bag. They came with fire iridium lenses that were badly scratched so I added some black iridium replacements. The nosebridge is fairly loose but wearable. Frame is in pretty good condition but a bit of discoloration in spots. They will serve as a beater pair for now I guess.

6. atty_65

atty_65 Oakley magician Premium Member

yeah i guess however which way you want them to use, they are nice frame to set aside though.

7. HeavyChevy

True enough. A good addition to my collection I thought.

8. pjd1234

pjd1234 X METAL NERD

9. Nortika

Nortika Oakley Expert Premium Member

Welcome to the forum, you have a nice collection of x-metals so far

10. HeavyChevy

Thanks guys. I just added a 24K X-metal XX to the collection. Found it on the local classifieds.