• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New To The Forum, In Need Of Some Xmetal Assistance.....

WVBlaster

Oakley Enthusiast
Howdy. Well, After quite of few years of neglect, I need to refurb some of my XMetals.

After I got rid off all the ones that dont fit my face, these are the ones I have left. I know they Romeo's are not a low serial or anything, but they are my all time favorite sunglasses.

The XS's are fine. all they need is lens and I have some on order from Oakley.

The Juliet and Romeo though are in need of some rare parts though, so maybe someone can help me out here.

Basically I need all the stuff to rebuild them that I cant get from Oakley.

For the Juliet, I need Ear Stem screws and plastic washers, and orbital gaskets and screws. I will get the lens from Oakley. I sent them a email so they might be able to fix all this if I send them in. I have not received a response yet so Im not for sure.

For the Romeos I need everything and Oakley has told me I am S.O.L, they have no parts for the Romeo 1 left. I have found LineGear, which has everything except the Ear Stem screws and washers. Is there stuff good quality? How about the Ear Stem screws and washer, Anyone have any idea where to find these?

Here are some other pics.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the boards. No idea where you can find earstem screws and washers, but I have bought Linegear Romeo 1 rubber kits and they are a pretty good alternative to OEM. Hope someone on here will know where to find the other pieces so you can put those awesome frames back together.

Sweet. Thanks guys. I appreciate it.

Another thing. The Juliet's are a tad small for my face. Are the XX's any bigger or about the same size? If bigger I might try to trade them out some time.

Sweet. Thanks guys. I appreciate it.

Another thing. The Juliet's are a tad small for my face. Are the XX's any bigger or about the same size? If bigger I might try to trade them out some time.

yeah if the juliets look small, the XX will give a similar look but larger.. so should be perfect. dont expect a 1-for-1 trade between a juliet and a XX though... XX's are alot rarer nowadays.

Yea, I wasn figuring on a 1:1 trade. Although you never know. Maybe someone out there thinks the XX's are a tad too big for there face :)

On a side rant. I love Oakley (not so much the post JJ Oakley) but they have really pissed me off on this whole parts thing. WTF good is a indestructible frame if you cant buy any normal parts. I mean really, what harm can come from sending out parts. I would gladly pay for them. But $70 tune up just to get a couple screws is ridiculous.

Yea, I wasn figuring on a 1:1 trade. Although you never know. Maybe someone out there thinks the XX's are a tad too big for there face :)

On a side rant. I love Oakley (not so much the post JJ Oakley) but they have really pissed me off on this whole parts thing. WTF good is a indestructible frame if you cant buy any normal parts. I mean really, what harm can come from sending out parts. I would gladly pay for them. But $70 tune up just to get a couple screws is ridiculous.

Most of the parts can be sourced from a hardware store, online industrial supply companies, and a couple different companies that make aftermarket replacement parts for the X Metals. The only thing you need to send to Oakley to get is the nose bridge tune up.

I'm surprised with the industrious guys on this board that someone just doesn't start a cottage business.
There is no vendor area that I see and I'm not aware of the company size of Linegear or DGmods and what their level of interest would be but there are fellows here that seem like they could do it and would enjoy it.
An accessories vendor thread kind of thing.

Latest Posts

Back