• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New to this sight but not new to Oakleys!

CHUCK 52

Oakley Enthusiast
Knoxville, TN
Hi guys and gals. I love all Oakley aparell for years and didn't know there was a forum for other Oakley lovers. I bought my 1st pair of Oakleys about 5 years ago I was going on a cruise and had never owned a pair of sunglasses in my entire life. So I was almost 30 year old and finally decided to get a pair. When I 1st looked at Oakleys I was shocked how much a pair of Sunglasses cost. I am huge sports fan and I saw many Baseball players wearing them while playing and alot of golfers wearing them also. So I figured if the Pro Athletes especially Baseball players wore them they muct be built sturdy with good quality. So I figured I would go ahead and shell out the I think little over $200 for a pair of Grey Flak Jackets with Orange lenses sorry don't remember exactly color name and 2nd lenses were Iridium Blue I think. I absolutely loved them but wasn't as happy with WY lenses were changed. Plus I'm rough and dropped a few times. The lenses never did scratch or break but some of the grey paint did scratch off. I'm not saying it's Oakleys fault it was mine for dropping them. So that just gave me a reason to look into getting a new pair. I didn't like the sporting stores in my area having small selection to choose from so I got online and found Oakley Web Site. I then found the customize your own pair and loved that. So I customized my new pair this time I went with the Fast Jackets. The frame I got was Plaid with White Ear Socks and instead of the regular O I decided to go with Orange O I did this white earsocks and orange O because I'm VFL which is Tenn. VOL for Life. Then I ordered the XL or largest lenses Polarized Lenses and then my favorite part I had my name etched into the lense which everyone who saw that loved that because it's easy to prove if someone stole your glasses because they had my name on them. I would have probably wore them for ever but then noticed there was less and less stuff to Order for the Fast Jackets and was sad to hear the basically in process of faze them out. So like I said I have come to love the brand and also found out there was an Oakley Vault about 20-30 min. From my house so I went up there just before Christmas and had them make me a pair of Radarlocks to my specs and am more than happy with them also. I never thought I would pay the prices the glasses cost but I know they are great glasses and you definitely get what you pay for. I also bought the white Oakley sticker with Big O & OAKLEY below it and put it on my back window to show my support for them . Thanks for letting me join this sight and thought I would share my thoughts on this company. It is only company I will ever buy sunglasses form unless they go under which I really hope they never do. Thanks again!

Just wanted to share pictures of all my Oakley gear. I don't have photos of my Flak Jacket glasses but I found pictures of my Fast Jackets and both sets of lenses. Then last but not least probably my favorite pair I ever owned the Radarlocks. If there was way to chance the lenses without having to touch the lenses at all when changing them out. Thanks for anyone who takes time to read and reply Hope you all have a wonderful day!

20160801_113001.jpg

20160801_112730.jpg

20160801_112851.jpg

20160801_111400.jpg

20160801_113215.jpg

I love Fast Jackets and can't believe the discontinued them. My local vault laughs at me because every time they get some in on DE or Clearance I buy them so I have backups.

Welcome to the forum.

Welcome aboard, sweet collection
Thanks like I said I thought sunglasses in the couple hundred dollar and up price ranges would be anything I would buy. So I got 1st pair and I see why the expensive side because you definitely get what you pay for great quality. I love their products!

Back