• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New, Trying to Learn about X-Metal glasses (Juliet)

I wouldn't really recommend them for running, or biking, they are a bit too heavy and move around too much. I tried doing a bike race with some Juliets once after my luggage that had all my radars/jawbones was misrouted by the airline. I wore the Juliets on the plane so I still had those. They were moving around so much a had to throw them off in the grass along the road and go back later with the team car to find them. Aside from that the lenses and field of view are too small for cycling. You'd be much better off with a radar or something like that, at least for those sorts of activities.
If you had said you never found them, I was going to let you know I found a pair in some grass just off the road about 6 years ago. Wore them everyday till I lost them. On topic-I actually like my XMetals for sports. Never had a problem with bouncing. Ichiro didn't mind either.

If you had said you never found them, I was going to let you know I found a pair in some grass just off the road about 6 years ago. Wore them everyday till I lost them. On topic-I actually like my XMetals for sports. Never had a problem with bouncing. Ichiro didn't mind either.

It sounds like a comfort thing. I normally wear glasses, and put contacts in to run or bike, so I'm already used to having a weight sitting on my ears and nose.

Everyone! Wow. I'm genuinely surprised by the big response here. There's a lot of excellent information.

Most of you have recommended plastic or O-Matter for active sports, but it sounds like the Juliets are eh, maybe. It sounds like I need to borrow my one of my friends' Juliets and go for a quick sprint to see if it comfortable in different situations. They may not be what I'm looking for in the activity spectrum but as general glasses could be a good introduction.

I'll browse the O-Review database and learn about the other options too. I didn't realize it was documented in an easy-to-access way.

Thanks for all the feedback!

I think that about sums it up nicely.

Thank you for posting this. I am new to all this as well, just joined. I don't own any yet but want a pair of juliets. I wanted a pair since xmen cyclops wore the deep red pair. Now I am obsessed with finding a nice pair with ruby lenses :)
Learned a few things from your post so thanks again

Thank you for posting this. I am new to all this as well, just joined. I don't own any yet but want a pair of juliets. I wanted a pair since xmen cyclops wore the deep red pair. Now I am obsessed with finding a nice pair with ruby lenses :)
Learned a few things from your post so thanks again
Juliets are the easiest to find for the right price. If you dont care about Serial #s and boxes/coins, you'll do fine here. Its a good community that helps its own. This is how i got my only Julies.

Latest Posts

Back