• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New Unopened 24k XX And Mars

No point in keeping them boxed unless you just want to sell them. I guess it depends on if you have another mars or XX 24K that you wear. If they were duplicates for me then I'd probably open them up but still not wear them, just to make sure they are mint. If I didn't already own a mars I would be wearing them! 24K XX wouldn't really suit me tho.. lol

My opinion, I don't think there would be much difference in price between an unopened set of those or one where you say never worn display item. Most people on this forum seem to want a pic to be sure of what they are getting and on Ebay you would lose more money than opened due to fickle and buyers who don't care about that sort of thing. Hope this helps

This is the later 2009 release of XX - 24K - 24K 04-145, it is not a generation of the original 04-122, but a later reissue pair that appeared along with several others in that year, all with the newer style box.

I meant newer box, not older. Thank you for the help everyone. Actually, I will prob open... Just cause. Sorry shelf whores

How do you know they are in there??????? Are you sure they are there in there??? When you bought them, did you weight them versus an opened pair????? I suggest you bring them to the airport on your next flight somewhere and wrap them in birthday paper, and run them through the old xray machine and see if they are truly there or make a friend at a hospital and have them do an xray of it.

to me a pair that's open with all original accessories and verified 100% mint is worth more than an unopened box that may or may not have factory defects. when i was looking for a 24k juliet and x-squared, i looked at two juliet's (one of which had a large factory defect) and three x-squared's (two of which i felt had factory finishes i couldn't accept). it's a much better feeling to know that what i got is mint-mint-mint! it just depends on preference though.

Back