1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. RunningXWolf

RunningXWolf Oakley Beginner

I've got a pair of Juliets that I'm looking to have their lenses replaced. Given that they're nearly 18 years old the lenses have some spotting and I'm not 100% certain what the aforementioned light transmission conditions and protection index means. Any info so that I can pick the right replacements would be greatly appreciated.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OakleyGuru379

OakleyGuru379 What is that thing?!

Light transmission profiles are the amount of visible light transmitted through the lens. The darker the lens, the lower the percent. For instance, black iridium polarized, a dark lens, has a transmission profile of only 9%. All Oakley lenses are 100% uv protection, so the choice is really up to your specific comfort level.

3. RunningXWolf

RunningXWolf Oakley Beginner

My eyes are extremely sensitive to all light sources, to the extent that I refuse to even drive without either my flack jackets or Whiskers with me since I can't see. So basically I'd want a lens at around 10% or so?

4. Havok

Havok Oakley Beginner

Something around 15% will be good for all lighting conditions, so when you get to 10% and below you start needing some direct/bright lighting or things are going to look dark. So depending how dark you want things 10% will work fine.

5. Havok

Havok Oakley Beginner

Something around 15% will be good for all lighting conditions, so when you get to 10% and below you start needing some direct/bright lighting or things are going to look dark. So depending how dark you want things 10% will work fine.