1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. bawitheba

bawitheba Oakley Enthusiast

Ok I just got off the phone with foot hills. My normal customer service rep just told me. There will be a new x metal line coming out in the next 3-4 months. The plant is moving to south California. She said its not at foothills. She didn't know if they would be titanium or not. She said they are keeping them in the dark as of now.

That is right guys new x metals in 3-4 months.

On a second note
    THe infinate hero rubbers have a sku number now. You can place your replacement order now when they get in stock they will ship.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Mahtan

Mahtan Oakley Beginner

Awesome news, I heard much the same a little while ago, no one knows too much. I heard its not titanium any more though, its some special light weight, hypoallergenic metal they will be using now. Either way still good to hear the X-Metal line isn't fully dead with the mines getting shut down. :D

3. bawitheba

I hope it's still titanium. I would hate to see them use aluminum etc.

4. Mahtan

Mahtan Oakley Beginner

Same. I hope I got wrong info there. Because as far as I know... no one is allergic to Titanium. So seems like a silly move for Oakley to change for that reasoning.

5. bawitheba

Yes titanium is a perfect item that is hypoallergenic. It is one of the reasons that operating room tools are made out of titanium.

6. Mahtan

Mahtan Oakley Beginner

I'd just look out on their sites news or even Facebook if they are screwing around with new metal or what not. Possible chance what they are using may be the X-Metal.

7. ucdavis4PT0gpa

ucdavis4PT0gpa THE BEST IS YET TO COME

All about the cost guys. The titanium is expensive to use and manufacture with. This move is all about cost

8. OpinionatedOakley

OpinionatedOakley Oakley Beginner

Some alloy of aluminum, then. Al is not a bad metal at all.

9. Fun's Way

Fun's Way Oakley Beginner

+1 on this, too!!!

Just like I said in the other thread:"if they're not planing to use Titanium alloy for the "new X-Metal", They are F**ked up already!"

I guess they just want more profit by "cutting corners"...That's not "The Way of OAKLEY"!!!

10. RetinaBurn

RetinaBurn Oakley Enthusiast

I highly doubt Oakley will use aluminum, they already have glasses that are made with there version (o-luminum). Oakley has never tried to pass off o-luminum as x-metal and I don't think they will start now. The X-Metals have been around for a long time and I'm sure there have been some in advances in the the manufacturing process to help with the cost, which is probably why they are starting a new plant.